Tailor Job in a Reputable Fashion Company
Bradfield Consulting Limited – Our client, a reputable company in the Fashion Industry, seeks to hire experienced, highly motivated and result oriented individuals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tailor
- Fit and study garments on customers to determine required alterations.
- Measure customers, using tape measures, and record measurements
- Measure clients to ensure proper product fit such as sleeves or pant legs, and mark or pin-fold alteration lines etc.
- Ability to press garments, using hand irons or pressing machines.
- Sew buttonholes and attach buttons to finish garments
- Position patterns of garment parts on fabric, and Cut fabric along outlines, using scissors.
- Agreeing styles and fabrics with the customer
- Creating designs (either by adapting an existing pattern or developing a new design)
- Creating buttonholes and installing buttons and zippers.
- Double-checking documentation, notes and measurements before beginning work on a garment. Pressing finished garments and seams.
Education and Experience
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in tailoring
- Must be a smart, hardworking, result oriented and highly motivated
- Must possess an amiable personality and people-management skills
- Must know design basics and ability to use several tailoring tools.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
A Tailor should:
- Have technical knowledge and have an eye for detail
- Have good drawing skills, with the ability to research and gather design ideas
- Be inventive and imaginative
- Have knowledge of customer service.
- Have a logical, analytical and creative approach to problem-solving
- Have time management skills
- Be a team player.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 7th August, 2017.