Jobs at Management Sciences for Health (MSH) for Mobile App Developers
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Mobile App Developer
Job ID: 13-9696
Reports To: Deputy Project Director
- We are looking for a mobile app developer to work on the design, development and maintenance of Android and iPhone apps. The developer will work on the entire app lifecycle right from concept stage.
- This app will allow for online and offline mode functionality.
- This app will give easy navigation to this document with easy search and user interaction.
- The company will build a mobile app that allows users to have easy access to a reference document on either android or ios platforms. This app will provide users with links to other relevant documents.
Working relationships (internal/external):
- M&E and eHealth Advisor – concepts and solutions that help the mobile app meet its objectives.
- Thematic Leads – working very closely with thematic leads effectively in building the content for the app and validating uploaded content.
Desirable Features of the App:
- App Interface must be user friendly.
- App must have navigation.
- App must be able to connect/integrate seamlessly with differently social media platform.
- App must rich graphics of logos , artworks and designs.
- App must cater for different profile of users
- App must be light to download.
- App must have easy content management and updates by app manager (MSH or govt agencies)
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support.
- Working directly with lead advisors to conceptualize, build, test and realize products.
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences.
- Standardizing the platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort.
- Optimizing performance for the apps.
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions.
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of project.
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven commercial software development experience – desktop and mobile.
- Published examples of mobile applications on the App store or the Android market.
- A passion for new consumer technology and the emerging media landscape.
- Ability to work on their own.
- Excellent scoping and estimation skills.
- Working in an NGO or National Government environment.
- Excellent knowledge in information architecture, human computer interaction and usability design principles.
- A track record of delivering successful consumer and or business products.
- Ability to use analytic data and user testing to inform design decision.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to liaise with various departments locally and internationally.
Essential skills needed in the company:
- Strong OO design and programming skills in Objective-C
- Familiar with iOS SDK (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Location, etc.)
- Familiar with xcode.
- Strong OO design and programming skills in Java (J2EE/ J2ME)
- Familiar with the Android SDK and Eclipse.
- Knowledge of SQLite, MySQL or similar database management system.
- Ability to see number of users downloads.
- Ability to see level of App usage.
- Ability to frequency in content usage
- Ability to see GIS map of the usage of App.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 18th August, 2017