Job at ZOA Nigeria for a HR & Admin Officer
ZOA is an International NGO with its Head Quarters in The Netherlands. ZOA offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. ZOA works in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia and has approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR & Admin Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- ZOA started setting up operations in Nigeria recently and is supporting IDPs and vulnerable people in Borno state with WaSH and Food Assistance. ZOA operates from its office in Maiduguri.
- In the selection of the beneficiaries, we pay careful attention to include the most vulnerable households.
- Continuously promoting community governance, inclusion, peace and stability in these fragmented and traumatized communities is a challenging but essential part of ZOA’s programme.
Purpose of the Position
- The HR & Admin Officer is responsible for the human resources and administration systems of ZOA Nigeria in order to support smooth organisational functioning and effective project implementation.
- Overall advice and support will be given for HR affairs in all program areas.
- The HR & Admin Officer is part of the support team and reports to the Finance & Admin Manager.
- The position is based in Maiduguri, Borno State.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
HR procedures and systems:
- Participate in recruitment and appraisal of ZOA Nigeria staff;
- Contribute to the development of efficient and effective HR system, policies and guidelines;
- Ensure an efficient and effective HR system is implemented, in line with ZOA Nigeria policies and guidelines;
- Review and update ZOA Nigeria salary scale and allowance system when needed to ensure ZOA salaries are comparable to those of similar organizations;
- Provide guidance to tax and labor laws, and ensure organizational compliance;
- Review and update, as needed the Local HR Policy Manual to ensure compliance with ZOA’s HR Policy and Nigeria labor laws;
- Advice and support program offices in all aspects of HR;
Other Tasks and Duties:
- Work with line managers and coordinate recruitment of qualified personnel, in keeping with labor laws and ZOA guidelines and attend/support interviews as appropriate;
- Coordinate orientation for each local new hire in line with the local HR manual;
- In coordination with Finance & Admin, ensure that all guests/visitors get proper orientation;
- Maintain a secure personnel file for each staff according to the ZOA Nigeria HR manual; including an up to date employment contract and clear job descriptions;
- Monitor payroll to ensure salary levels are in line with approved salary scale;
- Process and track leave application usage and balances for all staff;
- Oversee use of timesheets by staff and manage timesheets files for all staff;
- Work with supervisors to address personal or performance issues among staff;
- Ensure that exit interviews are conducted and documented for all departing staff;
- Assess training needs among staff and initiate/facilitate training events, as appropriate;
- Initiate timely action to renew personal visa and permits and renew organisation registration and technical agreements;
- Ensure end-of-probation letters are provided to each staff member;
- Ensure effective performance appraisal system is maintained;
- Ensure all developments with visa and permits are known within ZOA;
- Coordinate HR affairs with other organisations (HR Forum or other contacts);
- Initiate and implement a routine ZOA Nigeria Staff newsletter to inform, equip, acknowledge and encourage staff members.
- Any other duty that is reasonably consistent with the key tasks of the function.
- Relevant government office;
- Labor office;
- (I)NGO HR Forum:
- (Labor) Lawyer;
- ZOA office and program staff;
- University degree in HR or relevant field;
- Proven working experience of 3 – 5 years in human resource management with at least 1 year experience in staff management;
- Affinity with development work and International NGO’s;
- Excellent in English in reading, writing and speaking;
- Excellent in Hausa in reading, writing and speaking;
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word);
- Good knowledge of the Nigeria labor law;
- The candidate is expected to support the identity, vision, and mission of ZOA
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Able to communicate difficult news in a clear, concise and professional way;
- Can keep information confidential;
- Focused on the well being of the employees;
- Flexible and adaptable;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work individual as well as in a team;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and motivation letters with “HR & Admin Officer, Maiduguri” in the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 4th August, 2017.