Job Opportunities at Siemens Nigeria
Siemens is an Integrated Technology Company. The business activities of our Energy, Health care, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide. Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Requisition ID: 272456
Job Family: Legal & Compliance
The holder of this position reports to the Country General Counsel and must have the skills and ability to:
- Draft, review and participate in the negotiation of terms and conditions contained in customer invitations to tender and in a wide range of contracts such as Engineering and Construction Contracts, Long Term Service Contracts etc.
- Assist in identifying, analyzing and evaluating legal risks and developing risk mitigation strategies in order to protect the Company, its assets and stakeholders’ interests respectively.
- Provide efficient cross-border legal advice to Company’s affiliates.
- Liaise with external counsel in any litigation/arbitration case and settlement process involving the Company.
- Manage regulatory filings by gathering documents, preparing and submitting documentation and applications, analyzing and responding to queries.
- Ensure corporate regulatory compliance as required under Nigerian Company Laws; coordination of all Company’s board and shareholders’ meetings; ensure the proper safe keeping and update of the Company registers, statutory books and corporate seal.
- Provide legal advice to any and all Departments and Business Units in the Company on a wide ranging matters taking into consideration the specific business requirements and interests in order to help achieve the Company’s business objective.
- Provide legal advice and support to project management and other project team members in the execution of customer contracts, consortial contracts and to secure Siemens contractual rights and entitlements therein.
- Closely cooperate with local compliance officers on all legal issues.
- Ensure the prompt reporting of all mandatory and periodic legal reporting tools and obligations.
- LLB (Hons) with minimum of second class lower division from a reputable University.
- B. L with minimum of second class lower division from the Nigerian Law School.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Minimum 6 years post call experience acquired from a well established law firm in Nigeria and/or the Legal Department of a reputable company in Nigeria.
- Member in good standing of the Bar Association
- Energy experience particularly in the Nigerian Oil & Gas and Power Sectors would be an additional advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated team player, analytical, professional and proactive
- Inter-cultural skills
- Good inter-personal skills with customer service orientation.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (word, excel and PowerPoint)
Job Title: Project Manager
Requisition ID: 272814
Location: Portharcourt, Rivers
Job Family: Project Management
The Project Manager is responsible for managing with results all aspects of aftermarket service for Siemens Small Gas Turbines (SGT), Aeroderivative Gas Turbines (AGT) and Compressors on assigned customer fleet.
- Executing the project within the defined requirements (cost, time, quality, customer satisfaction).
- Ensuring business success and satisfaction of the customer.
- Ensuring professional stakeholder management.
- Ensuring timely decisions on open issues, escalating if necessary.
- Ensures that the the project status and progress is effectively communicated to Siemens management and to the customer. developes communication plan
- Serves as the single point of contact to the customer and coordinates communication between Siemens internal functional areas and other product areas involved in the project
- Manages and negotiates VO’s and other changes to the contract within the scope of work
- Outage planning and confirmation of outage plan from customer
- Ensuring resource planning and availability including spare parts and manpower
- Ensures that project risks are identified and managed throughout the entire life cycle of the project
- Maintains master issue list and lesson learnt document
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelors or HND in Engineering
- 5-7yrs of project management experience
- Must demonstrate good understanding of project management fundamentals techniques and standards
- Good understanding of installation & commissioning processes
- Good leadership ability within a matrix team environment and contributes significantly to team performance
- PC skills with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, project scheduling with MS project and/or Primavera
- Previous working experience in aftermarket service of rotating equipment (turbines, compressors) will be an added advantage
- Preferable with Project Management Professional (PMP) certification for external candidates or PM@siemens C-project certification for internal candidates
- Expert product knowledge of all product including field service experience as mechanical or controls FSR
- Must be able to interract with various internal and external stakeholders of diversified cultural mix.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply