Current Openings in a Top Insurance Firm
A top Insurance firm in Nigeria, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brand Executive
Reports to: Group Head, Marketing & Corporate Communications
- To support the team to promote the Company’s Brand through advertising and promotional mix that supports brand growth and aspiration.
- This position will focus on executing an annual activity plan that delivers on corporate brand goals (awareness, equity, market share, etc.) amongst the target audience.
- Brand Activity plans: Execute approved brand activities for Master-brands/products, particularly below-the-line programme(s):
- Plan, activate and monitor using annual activity schedule appropriate for brand/products.
- Ensure core/major activities are evaluated and learning captures for future brand planning.
- Support Corporate Image/identity effort:
- Ensure the right deployment and use of appropriate corporate identity tools (including logos and signage) nationwide. All identity tools must be in shape that promotes and project the Company image.
- Monitor and report to Head, Brand unit, organization’s compliance on brand guidelines for use of marketing collaterals.
- Proofreading of all marketing materials e.g brochures, press releases, social media content etc.
- Keeping website relevant and updated.
- Competitor monitoring: Track competitor’s activities (both inside and outside media space) in the insurance sector and assist Head, Brand Unit, in developing response tactics to protect the position of company Brand.
- Budget/Quality Management: ensure optimization of brand budgets to execute annual activity plan for brand/products, on budget and on time and in full (OTIF):
- Ensure all branded items are to specifications and of high quality at all times as agreed and approved
- Assist in executing Corporate Communications plan (internal & external):
- Maintains and coordinate press, PRA and other approved media outlets for campaigns and releases
- Ensure timely dissemination of internal communication as agreed and approved
- Supplier liaison:
- Liaise with external suppliers (promotional, advertising agencies, photographers, videographers and printing suppliers).Co-ordinate briefs and props for photographic product shoots used in annual publications, advertising and other marketing materials.
- Co-ordinating and controlling the distribution of all leaflets, catalogues, display materials for each new product launch or marketing campaign from production through to printing and delivery
- Responsible for the day to day administration in the brand unit such as keeping project files, photographic and information data bases up to date.
- Develop and keep track of a unified storage of presentations, materials on marketing and communications so that internal users can easily access it
- Maintains brand inventory and oversee company awards chest
- Results: Execute below-the-line activities/events for the corporate brands/products and evaluate performance against activity objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional Certification e.g. CIMN, APCON e.t.c
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a Brand Management role.
Job Title: Officer, Inspection and Survey Team
Reports to: Head, Underwriting & Head, Central Claims Group
- The primary focus of this position is to support the Head of Inspection & Survey team so that all in-house claim adjustment, pre-inspection of risk (within our limits), assessment/inspection is done in an efficient manner and most cost effective manner.
- To ensure prompt underwriting/claims inspection/investigation, complete claim documents requested for and received,carry out sound analysis of documents and Surveyor’s report, in order to settle genuine claims promptly, recommend risk improvement measures to under writing Unit to enable them quote premium appropriate for the risks being covered.
- External: Engineers, Garages, Surveyors, Agents, Brokers, Walk-in-Customers, Superintendents, Lawyers, Consultants, Service Providers and Others
- Inspecting all risks/claims assigned to the unit within the stated timelines in the SLA
- Negotiating with Garages during claims adjustment
- Liaise with external Surveyors/Engineers/Garages to ensure cleints satisfcation within the stated timelines in the SLA
- Requesting for claim substantiating documents
- Ensure timely and correct data entries into our software application
- Ensure adequate reserve is advised for creation
- Book appointment with Insureds/Claimants/Brokers to arrange for physical inspection
- Undertake physical inspection and investigation to ascertain validity of reported claims/risks to be surveyed
- Ensure prompt generation of offer memo for approval and further action
- Liaise with external engineers/Surveyors for huge claims
- Review Surveyors/Engineers’ reports
- Adjust in-house claims that are of low value, based on laid down procedures and claim quantum
- Resolving Insured’s complaints related to risks survey/claims administration, refers difficult or very complex complaints to Head, Inspection & Survey Team as occasion will demand.
- Prompt response to all surveys/inspections within stimulated timelines as stated in the SLA
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of claims documents before concluding the claim.
- Interpret policy wording, analyse and review adjustment to determine the company’s liability and make necessary recommendation to the Team Lead
- Compliance with stated operational terms in the SLA i.e. acknowledging of mails, reviewing and summarizing of Surveyor’s report, carrying out in-house adjustment, e.t.c.
- Ensure adequate reserve is created and maintained at all times based on available information
- Preparing daily, weekly, monthly reports and all required reports as at when due
- Ensure the necessary information required for ERM co-ordinator is supplied as at when due
- Ensure that all insertions to the software and ensure compliance with company’s policies and standard
- Recommending risk improvement measures to be communicated by team lead to underwriters and marketers (where applicable)
- Ensure that all necessary information/documents required for the EDMS success is provided as-at when due
- Ensure that all necessary information that will make GIBS successful for the survey/inspection sub-team in particular and the CCG in general is provided as-at when due
- Attend to all functions that may be assigned by the Team Lead and/or CCG Head as the need arises.
- First Degree (i.e. HND/BSc/B.ED/B.A/e.t.c)
- Associate member, CIIN
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Insurance technical
Job Title: Underwriting Officer
Reports to: Team Lead
- Meeting and surpassing customers’ needs with the aim of Maximizing the company’s profit margin.
- Internal: Serving the Retail Marketers, staff agents and online businesses interfacing with finance, claims, reinsurance team and survey team.
- External: Interfacing with external agents and direct customers and tracking companies and superintending agents.
- Underwriting responsibilities as assigned by the Team lead e.g. opening file for new customers, key in details of customers into the system, rolling out policy documents and other relevant documents for approval by head of retail etc
- Generation of renewal notices on monthly basis as instructed by the head of Unit represented. Must be generated seven weeks before due date and same must be sent out through CSU six weeks before due date. Relevant confirmations must be carried out before this exercise e.g. premium payment confirmation, profitability of the account i.e. loss ratio.
- Renewal of accounts as at when due. This must be based on instructions received from customers with evidence of payments
- Supplying of relevant documents to Finance for issuance of payment receipts
- Appointment of trackers to track insured vehicles
- Processing of payments for trackers and reconciliation of accounts
- Renewals of trackers for maintenance of tracked vehicles
- Any other assignment as the need arises
- Associate member, CIIN
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in underwriting
- Basic experience – Products knowledge and customer relationship plus good communication skills
- Learning on the job.
- Ability to grasp things easily and align to the system
- Special training by the department as well as the company
Job Title: Head, SME
- The primary focus of this position is to plan, manage, lead and direct the business focus on the distribution of all insurance products across Retail and Micro insurance sectors to achieve business, revenue and profit targets.
- The role-holder is expected to drive the SME sales strategy by creatively looking at ways of selling affordable tailor-made products to various business clusters with a view to making Retail business a significant contributor to the company’s sales premiums & profitability over time.
- Drive sales by developing strategic relationships on MSME
- Develop sales strategies to acquire, retain and manage new and existing customers to boost direct retail businesses.
- Generate sales through strategic partnerships with MSME in various sectors.
- Develop strategic business relationships with Government agencies.
- Ensure delivery of effective and efficient service to customers, proper management of customer relationships for the growth of company’s clientele base and overall profitability of the business.
- Supervise sales associates and ensure that KPIs are met.
- Work with companies within the identified marketing space to embed insurance products to drive their sales.
- Act as the MSMEs champion for the company – collaborating with various teams to achieve the company’s MSME strategy.
- Create new channels to expand insurance penetration among SMEs & MSMEs.
- First Degree
- MBA would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in strategic sales planning and execution with at least 5 of those years in managerial capacity.
- Practical understanding of the relevant regulatory environment.
- Mandatory and excellent track record as a former or current Head of SME portfolio.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the role applied for as the subject of the email.