Construction Superintendent Job at Fircroft
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Superintendent
Job reference: RMS0183129
Job type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
- Supervision of specific projects for development and construction within “The Company Locations” and at related locations, as designated by the Employer.
- Supervision of the contractors, personnel and other persons and/or entities involved in the development of property in COMPANY LOCATION and at related locations, as designated by the Employer
- Development of detailed master plan for the COMPANY LOCATIONS
- Forward planning of facilities, services, supporting infrastructure, personnel and other related items required for development and management of property in “The Company Location” (“COMPANY LOCATION”)
- Forward planning of infrastructure required for the industrial village;
- Planning and developing layout of infrastructure for LFZ.
Management of Consultants:
- Manage the process of appointing consulting engineers and architects;
- Manage work allocated to various consultants and architects as per their contracts and work scopes;
- Ensure that design of infrastructure on LFZ is to the required standards as well as being in a cost effective and on schedule.
- Ensure a transparent bid process as managed by consultants and architects;
- Analyse bids in conjunction with consultants and architects and put recommendations to Management;
- Selecting and negotiating with construction related contractors for work issued to them without making use of consultants and architects.
Safety and Security:
- Ensure that all work performed is in line with laid down policies, procedures and standards;
- Ensure that all Quality, Health, Safety and Environment legislation is adhered to;
- Reporting of all incidents and accidents in line with procedures;
- Design and implementation of procedures required at all levels to enable the successful supervision, management and smooth growth and construction of the Division.
Management and Training Personnel:
- Design and update the organogram for the Division, including detailed job descriptions of all personnel required
- Control of own human resources including time management
- Ensure all personnel adhere to highest international standards for HSE etc.;
- Application of company policies and procedures and legislation in respect of the treatment and management of own staff;
- Personally supervise the implementation of training programs for all personnel
- Manage the process of recruiting and hiring personnel
- Motivate and develop own staff.
- The Employee will be required to provide assistance to the Company in a wide range of areas, in line with the Employee’s field of experience/expertise;
- The Employee may also be required to perform duties not directly related to his/her area of experience or expertise, in which case proper instruction will be provided by the Company;
- Ensure that the highest ethical standards are maintained in all activities;
- Conduct himself / herself in a dignified and respectful manner that reflects well on the Employer and also sets an example for the other employees.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply