International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Jobs
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Port Harcourt Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: First Aid Field Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Ensures that casualties during emergencies receive a timely, impartial and effective immediate assistance by responders acting in security, guided by basic humanitarian values and principles, and part of an effective emergency response system adapted to needs and local realities
- Implement, monitor and evaluate references and activities according to objectives, plans of actions and resources available
- Actively participates in the planning and overall implementation of the First Aid activities including the monitoring and follow-up.
- Facilitate the implementation of the ICRC/NRCS First Aid program in Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Enugu and Anambra states in line with the developed frame including financial and security stipulations
- Contribute to the identification of the beneficiaries and the values ICRC can add to improve the emergency response from the scenes of the emergency till the referral further care
- Provides written reports with recommendations following all First Aid training programs.
- Strong knowledge in First Aid or health degree
- 3-4 years professional experience in similar field activity
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good computer skills, good command of standard software and knowledge of internet search
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Ability to create a focused learning environment at all levels and to adapt teaching to different audiences
- Strongly motivated ICRC rules and procedures
- by humanitarian work
- Solution and objective oriented, organized, methodical and flexible personality, ability to work independently and within a team, very good analytical skills
- Ability to travel in all parts of the country
- Ability to work under pressure and in a hazardous environment
- Good analytical skills
- Solid communication skills as the position involves teaching First Aid skills to different audiences as well as communication with community members and leaders, National Society members and other stakeholders.
- Capacity to apply
Job Title: Logistics Office Clerk
- Processing of invoices; submission of approved invoices to the admin department for execution of cash/bank payments to the suppliers; petty cash payments to the suppliers
- Responsible for maintaining all logistics files in accordance to the ICRC filing system
- Check and process invoice from the supplier, provides all supporting documents and submits for signatures and payment.
- In charge of insuring and following with Finance that the invoices are paid to supplier in due time frame
- Ensures supplier’s registration and validation are completed in cooperation with the Logistician
- Informs bidders about the results of tender
- Secretary diploma or equivalent
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Advanced conversational and written English
- Knowledge of Hausa and/or Fulani is an asset
- PC literate: Good command on Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power point, etc.)
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning, Responsibility & Autonomy
- Honest & Trustworthy.
- Negotiation, Communication (Ability to express views and ideas)
- Discrete and reliable person
- Good sense of organisation
- Rigor and methodological
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic procedures.
- Flexibility and team playing within and out with the logistics department
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letter, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
- Please clearly indicate “First Aid Field Officer PoH” as the subject of your application
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline: 9th August, 2017.