Job for a Chief Financial officer (CFO)
Our Client one of the leading financial institutions in Nigeria is currently looking for
Job Title: Chief Financial officer (CFO)
- Provide effective support and participation in the preparation of winning corporate strategy and business plans for the bank
- Oversee and supervise the preparation of the bank’s annual budget
- Oversee and ensure the preparation of monthly cash budget
- Ensure effective budget monitoring and variance analysis
- Supervise periodic financial performance analysis
- Prepare and review monthly and quarterly cash-flow projections
- Formulate and supervise the implementation of asset and liability management strategies
- Prepare and review monthly investment status reports
- Design and implement robust investment strategies for the bank
- Ensure periodic review of the entire accounting and financial management systems to ensure efficient capturing and processing of financial data
- Supervise all staff of the finance department to ensure production
- of timely, accurate and complete periodic financial reports and returns
- Supervise the production of annual financial statements in accordance with relevant accounting standards
- Ensure effective administration of staff payroll and other staff benefits
- Ensure maintenance of up-to-date and correct asset register
- Manage the production, verification and submission of relevant financial reports and returns to regulatory authorities, such as the Central Bank of Nigeria
- Supervise the preparation of the bank’s annual budget
- Supervise the preparation of monthly financial report and annual accounts preparation
- Manage the process of financial reporting to stakeholders
- Manage relationship with all the banks where the company has account
- Get weekly report on transfers from and to head office, and take action on issues that may emerge
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Timeliness in preparation of Annual budgets
- Financial or Treasury-related exceptions or infractions identified by internal/external auditors, CBN or other regulatory bodies
- Internal customer satisfaction index
- Degree of error in reports generated
- Incidents of complaints relating to ambiguities or absence of clear financial policies and procedures Cost efficiency, measured by budget performanc
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree or its equivalent, preferably in a numeric discipline e.g. Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or in a related field.
- A post-graduate degree or its equivalent in any discipline. An MBA or any other related professional qualification is required.
- Relevant professional qualifications/affiliations such as ICAN, CIBN, CFA, ACIB etc.
- A minimum of 8 years diverse experience (i.e. banking, insurance, microfinance, etc.) as well as experience in multi-functional roles within the industry.
- Minimum of 4 years senior management experience within the financial services industry.
- Prior microfinance experience is desirable,
- Prior board-level experience/ experience reporting to a board/ board committee.
- Strong communication skills.
Competency/ Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian financial services market such as Microfinance sector
- Good product development and portfolio management capabilities.
- Excellent customer relationship development/management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial financial products.
- Must have the ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
- Must possess a high sense of responsibility, accountability, integrity and ethical standards.
- Must have strong business acumen, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with highest levels of management of financial institutions
Salary:N4.2M -6M per annum based on and qualification and wealth of experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates must send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18/08/2017.