Vacancies at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the second deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists and laboratory scientists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
Over the past century we have built up a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully controlling TB in the Netherlands. Since the 1970s, we have also shared our knowledge and expertise with the rest of the world. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Purpose of the Position
- The Program Officer is expected to be embedded with the state TB program team and will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of all CTB activities in collaboration with the State TB team.
- The Program Officer reports to the Regional Senior Program Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
As Program Officer you will:
- Organize & conduct regular health facility supervision to ensure quality TB, TB/HIV, DR-TB surveillance and service delivery;
- Organize & conduct on the job health facility based training for Laboratory DOTS services;
- Support facility assessments and strategic expansion of AFB, GeneXpert and DOTS services;
- Support the State TB program to create awareness and demand for TB services;
- Organize & conduct regular visits to health facilities to ensure timely data collection, compilation and reporting according to CTB M&E plan;
- Support state program on coordination of prompt initiation and monitoring of diagnosed DR-TB patients in the community;
- Support state program on routine data analysis & utilization;
- Organize and establish state TB/HIV partners forum to coordinate partners support and implementation of key intervention areas;
- Assist in coordinating the program portfolio to ensure key performance indicators are met and CTB impact is in line with strategy;
- Ensure that CTB project reports are developed and submitted on time and are of good quality, and that the evidence they contain is accurately captured and submitted monthly to the Regional Senior Program Manager;
- Perform other additional duties assigned.
- A degree in medicine (an MPH will be an additional advantage);
- At least 4 years’ experience working with HIV & TB programs at various levels;
- Experience with USAID or UN projects or any development partner is an advantage;
- Experience working in the fields of TB/HIV, Community TB, and MDR-TB, with extensive field experience in Nigeria;
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and use of computer.
Behavioral Competencies and Skills:
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills;
- Competent with operational plan development, implementation and evaluation of results;
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision;
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work;
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging manner.
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract. Depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Candidates are advised to submit their CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references.
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled.
- We only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.
Application Deadline: 9th August, 2017.