WHO Recruitment for NPO – Surveillance
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NPO – Surveillance
Job ID: 1702301
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary Appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 12 Months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives of the Programme
- To establish AFP surveillance for monitoring wild poliovirus transmission;
- To interrupt wild poliovirus transmission and achieve polio eradication in Nigeria;
- To strengthen routine immunization and reduce morbidity and mortality from vaccine preventable diseases;
- To achieve accelerated disease control through supplemental activities e.g. measles SIAs;
- To strengthen integrated disease surveillance and response (IDSR).
- Establish a reporting network to strengthen AFP surveillance;
- Provide technical support in planning, implementation and monitoring of routine immunization activities to increase coverage;
- Provide technical support in planning and monitoring of integrated disease surveillance and response activities.
- Provide technical support in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of supplemental immunization activities (e.g. polio, measles etc.) to improve quality;-
- Essential: A Degree in Medicine (MBBS, MBChB, MD)
- Desirable: Post graduate degree in Public Health preferably in epidemiology or other related public health fields
- Essential: Some years field experience in EPI activities after post graduate qualification in government or non-governmental organizations
- Desirable: Experience in an international organization
- The incumbent should have knowledge and skills in planning, supervision, monitoring and evaluation.
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Driving the Organization’s Position in Health Leadership
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of French.
- Desirable: The above language requirements are interchangeable.
- Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at NGN18,590,296 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 1st September, 2017.