Job at the National Democratic Institute (NDI)
The National Democratic Institute (NDI) is a nonprofit, nonpartIsan, nongovernmental organization supporting democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades. Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its local partners have worked to establish and strengthen political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizen participation, openness and accountability in government.
The National Democratic Institute (NDI), seeks to hire a suitable candidate in the NDI- Nigeria Field, Office in the position below:
Job Title: Security Guard
Reports to: the Operations Manager
- Patrol assigned areas on foot to ensure personal, building and equipment security
- Examines doors, window and gates to determine that they are secured
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurrences
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency such as fire or presence of unathorized persons
- Warn persons of unruling infractions or violations and apprehend or evict violators from premises using force when necessary
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas
- Take part in drills, performs other miscellaneous job related duties assigned.
- Shows courtesy towards visitors, partners and staff
- Provide escort services for visitors
- Watch and report irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water, pipes and security doors left unlocked
- Call supervisor or police in case of presence of unauthoried persons
- Performs periodic checks on security lights to ensure proper functioning, and report any malfunction.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of vendors, visitors and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises
- Attend to visitors in a responsive and professional manner
- Provide a first point of contact to visitors and deal with enquiries courteously during non-business hours.
- Such other related task(s) as may assigned by his supervisor
- Minimum of secondary school leaving certificate.
- 1-2 years work experience as a security guard
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Good interpersonal skill.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV’s as one document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- NDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on ground of sex, age, gender, religion or geographical location.
10th August, 2017.