Jobs at Oxfam Nigeria for Supply and Logistics Managers
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply and Logistics Manager
Location: Abuja (with some travel)
Job Type: Full time
Duration: 12 months with a possibility to extend
- This is a key strategic hire for the organisation as you will manage the full supply chain function for Oxfam in Nigeria
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Procurement Planning & Management:
- Identify, evaluate, develop, monitor implementation and update annual procurement plans with clear specifications regularly to support needs based on requirements stated in Country plans and budgets.
- Lead on development of high impact cost savings and service delivery models for strategic sourcing, and within the context of the specific performance aspirations, business plans and Oxfam Procurement Policies.
- Organise procurement & tendering processes in a manner that meets the five metrics of delivering goods and services with a) right quantity, b) right quality, c) right price, d) right time and e) the right location.
- Develop simple tools and make them available for State Supply and Logistics staff while working to decentralise procurement to State levels
- Seek approval for bid proposals and specifications; composes requests for review by the relevant Committees and presents recommendations on purchase contracts requiring Management and/or Board approval to the Country Director for preliminary review sign off.
- Evaluate price and past performance of contract and seek approval where there are price increases and/or reductions as appropriate
- Develop framework agreements with suppliers to allow Oxfam more flexibility around goods or services contracted both in terms of volume and relevance of goods and services while ensuring that each purchase represents the best value.
- Ensure optimal cost, quality and service delivery via efficient procurement scheduling, inventory minimisation and customer order fulfillment requirements.
- Oversee vendor selection processes and selects top quality 3rd parties and partners based on predetermined criteria and set Oxfam standards; makes suitable selection recommendations to line manager and Country Director.
- Ensures proper use of waiver procedures for deviation of standard procurement procedure; flag non-compliance to procedures.
Logistics & Warehouse Administration:
- Monitor supply and demand trends and develop inventory management and control systems to ensure adequate stock levels, effective reorder processes, loss prevention and efficient warehouse space usage.
- Ensure compliance with operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, materials management and handling, stock control/inventory management, including related activity data and information management.
- Approve the salvage/replacement of damaged or outdated stock; ensures timely and accurate accounting (asset disposal) entries are posted with respect to such items.
- Ensure cost efficient procurement, and continuous availability of office equipment and supplies thereby facilitating smooth day-to-day business operations.
- Interpret contract provisions and review contracts for accuracy and changes prior to bid and renewal.
Contracts & Supplier Management:
- Develop KPI’s for measuring the performance of suppliers, and coordinate improvements to supplier performance
- Manage vendor relationships by clearly communicating expectations, monitoring procurement and supply activities to ensure deliveries meet established specifications and that applicable guidelines are met regarding the quality of the items received timeliness and product availability.
- Negotiate favourable agreements and contracts to gain appropriate savings and service levels; also ensures all legal contract requirements are met.
- Develop contracts and minimum service level agreements with service vendors; also builds mutually beneficial relationships with these vendors and 3rd party service providers.
- Manage high value relationships with suppliers, external contacts/government agencies, UN agencies and other NGOs with regards to logistical matters. Works to effectively remove any obstacles to ensure optimal delivery of services to the highest standards thereby achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Safeguard the integrity of procurement documents, upholding confidentiality and privacy in the course of duty.
Stock Reconciliation and Reporting:
- Oversee physical stock audits and reconciles inventory records; also manage and coordinate periodic and annual inventory of stock items working with Internal and External Auditors and Finance personnel.
- Ensure periodic updates and required management reports covering ordering, order tracking, inventory levels tracking/stock control, purchase orders and contracts, warehouse supplies and transportation planning & scheduling.
- Lead periodic Logistics Assessments using the One Oxfam S&L LAT to establish current status and make work plans for the year ahead; respond to Inspections and Audit/Examination queries as may be required.
- Anticipate and coordinate requirements for institutional donor reporting.
- Ensure the use of fleet management systems to monitor costs and performance and prepare management reports, using Terramar networks.
- Develop Fleet management action plan:
- Explore the possibility to implement Trackpoint tracking boxes.
- Make a long term planning reviewing needs for transportation and maintenance
- Make an analysis for Lease or Buy decisions
- Ensure that Fleet management operations comply with the relevant local regulations governing transport and Oxfam standards and procedures.
- Assess, monitor, manage, develop, and implement learning interventions for staff and partners (using PARCEL curriculum) and Oxfam Staff, in collaboration with Supply and Logistics staff at a regional or global level.
Educational, Experience & Competence
- Masters degree or equivalent in Supply Chain, Logistics Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or any other relevant discipline of study.
- Professional accreditation certification in Logistics/Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum of 8 years “hands-on” working experience in logistics/procurement systems, warehouse and fleet management with an international NGO including 3 years at supervisory level.
- Good understanding of working with donor requirements (EU/ECHO, UNHCR, DFID, USAID, etc.) and prior experience of monitoring/managing budgets.
- Critical focus on providing a superior service level to managers and colleagues and delivering agreed results within time and budget constraints and to expected standards.
- Ability to represent Oxfam in a professional and competent manner with external individuals and organisations.
- Proven experience as a team worker and demonstrably cooperative with members of other teams, responding quickly and accurately to queries and issues.
- Experience using a computerised system (Ms. Word, Excel, Procurement software etc.)
- Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, communication skills (oral and written), report writing skills and negotiation skills.
- Well-developed conceptual, critical, and analytical thinking with the ability to convey complex information in a straightforward, interesting way, and influencing this to a wider audience.
- Knowledge or appreciation of Nigeria in terms of its political, economic and social trends plus a good understanding of the key development and humanitarian issues in the region.
- Strong experience with Oxfam business systems including OPAL, TRACKPOINT, HELIOS and Oxfam tool will be an advantage
What We Offer
- Oxfam (Novib) is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors.
- The international salary range for this position is set in scale 9 with a salary range between € 2962, to € 4557, monthly gross based on 40 hours a week.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only applications received using the link provided can be taken into consideration.
Application Deadline: 18th August, 2017.