New Jobs at COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Locations: Yobe and Abuja
Duration: 6 months renewable
Area of intervention: Northern States of Yobe and Borno
- In close cooperation with all the different positions in place at Country Coordination level, the Area Coordinator is responsible for the overall management of quality of program, staff management, logistics, security, finance and procedures’ respect. Delegated by the Head of Mission, he/she represents COOPI with donors, institutions, NGOs, local government and international agencies available in the area.
- He/she guarantees the correct project implementation and the donors’ procedures respect.
- He/she cooperates with the Head of Mission in the definition of the Country Strategy and intervention priorities for its area of competence.
- Delegated by the Head of Mission, he/she manages relations with institutional donors and potential ones. In coordination with the Head of Mission, he/she represents COOPI in its area of competence through relations with institutions, NGOs, local and international organizations, and partners.
- He/she is also responsible for the Organization’s reputation in the area.
New Opportunities Identification:
- He/she verifies and proposes to the Head of Mission the intervention priorities to consolidate new opportunities of involvement in the area.
- He/she cooperates with the Head of Mission in the identification of new project opportunities in his/her area of competence. Delegated by the Head of Mission he/she participates to the elaboration of the strategy for his/her area of intervention.
Project Management and Strategy:
- Always referring to the Head of Mission and in coordination with the Project Managers, he/she coordinates and directly supervises projects, guaranteeing their correct implementation in conformity with contractual obligations and donors’ procedures, and in line with the COOPI’s procedures and management standards.
- He/she coordinates the elaboration, writing, and necessary documents preparation for presenting new projects, referring to the Head of Mission.
- He/she is responsible for the preparation of projects’ reports and all monitoring documents requested by the coordination office. He/she ensures that all official and administrative documents are transmitted to the Country Coordination.
Country Office Management:
- He/she is responsible for all different aspects linked to the country office management: economic and financial situation, logistics, and local staff management, in conformity with the organization’s guidelines.
- He/she guarantees the Country Regulation and the respect of the organization’s procedures.
- He/she is responsible for the local staff management and training, in his/her area of competence, in close cooperation with the relative functions at Country Coordination level, whose indications he/she follows.
- He/she coordinates the expatriate staff, monitoring their activities, and participates to the staff evaluation, together with the Head of Mission.
- He/she is responsible for the expatriate staff security in the area, and for the correct implementation and respect of the general security regulation.
Economic and Financial Management:
- He/she is responsible for the economic management of his/her area of competence.
- He/she supervises the financial management and, in cooperation with the Area Coordination
Administrator and the Administrative Coordinator:
- He/she participates to the preparation of coordination and projects’ budgets.
- He/she ensures – through the administrative function – the respect of financial reporting deadlines and the organization/donor’s procedures.
- Advanced Degree in International Education, International Development, Health and Nutrition or a related field or equivalent work.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the humanitarian field and in a similar position, with a track record of success and results achieved;
- Previous experience with an international humanitarian NGO is an advantage;
- Desirable experience of working on EU/ECHO, USAid/OFDA, UN and Italian Cooperation;
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory abilities, and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Valid driving license.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Duration of the Project: 3 months
Reports To: Project Manager, Country Logistics and Security Coordinator
COOPI in Nigeria
- COOPI started its operations in North-East Nigeria in July 2014 to carry out a rapid evaluation of the most relevant constraints suffered by the Internally Displaced People (IDPs) displaced by the food crisis and the Boko Haram insurgency in the Lake Chad Basin.
- COOPI’s aim is to support the most basic and pressing needs of communities affected by the violence. Despite the challenges presented by the security situation and the remoteness of the area, COOPI is providing a multi-sectoral emergency response to the victims of Boko Haram focused on food security, nutrition, protection and education.
- Improvement of access to education for most vulnerable IDPs, host communities, and returnees in Bolori II, Maiduguri Metropolitan Council MMC, Borno State
Scope of the Vacancy
- The Construction Engineer will be responsible to provide technical knowledge, skills and quality in infrastructure and following up with construction process.
- He/She will be involved in the definition and agreement of the quantities of materials and work for each stage with the selected contractor, the overall schedule for the construction, stages of work and will authorize each respective stage payment upon achievement of the stage achievements in accordance with the required and agreed progress and standards to the beneficiary.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Logistics and Security Coordinator, he/she:
- Provide first technical assessment in the schools indicated by the MoE and definition of priorities
- Liaise with SUBEB, RUWASA and NEMA departments in order to comply with ministerial standards for the rehabilitation works in public schools
- Preparation of the detailed BoQs for rehabilitation according to the available budget and the priorities identified
- Preparation of the tender procedure according to the donor and COOPI rules
- Participation to the contractors’ selection committee, technical evaluation of the offers received.
- Preparation of the contracts, definition of the monitoring tools
- Regular follow up of the works with visits to the construction sites and ad hoc meeting with the constructors
- Management of the relations with SUBEB, RUWASA and NEMA departments, submission of BoQs amendment requests
- Preparation of the BoQs follow up; quantity and quality control of the material used and work progress
- Approval of instalment payments to the contractors
- Management of the relation with school principles for coordination of the rehabilitation works
- Coordination with local authorities (municipalities and local ministry offices) for release of needed permits, facilitation in set up of the working site, administrative procedures etc.
- Final quality and quantity control and preparation of hand over certificated
- Master’s Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure Engineering or related fields
- At least 5 years experience in construction
- 3 years’ experience in NGO work
- Proven Construction experiences and logistics skills
- Renovation and rehabilitation experience is preferable
- Excellent English Communication skills (oral and written)
- Commitment to COOPI ethic code
- Cross cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina
- Knowledge of and adherence to NGO Code of Conduct, understands other international development guidelines
- Excellent IT skills
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply