ZOA Nigeria Job for a Manager, General Affairs
ZOA is an international NGO with its Head Quarters in The Netherlands. ZOA offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. ZOA works in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia and has approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, General Affairs
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Workhours: Fulltime (40 hours)
Duration of Position: Initially 6 months, probable extension to 3 years (dependant on funding)
Manager General Affairs Nigeria
- ZOA is looking for Manager General Affairs Nigeria (f/m) for ZOA’s Programme in North East Nigeria
- ZOA Nigeria is looking for a temporary Manager General Affairs to develop the office support systems for projects providing humanitarian assistance to the victims of the Boko Haram Insurgency.
- You are responsible for development and implementation of effective and efficient management and control processes and the development of local staff so that they take ownership of these processes.
- This includes Finances, HR, Logistics, Procurement and IT.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The MGA is a member of the Country Management Team and gives leadership to the local support staff. The MGA has been assigned with responsibility and holds delegated authority for:
- Development and maintenance of country specific policies and procedures in the fields of finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement in compliance with ZOA global quality management framework;
- Monitoring of and support to program organisations on processes and procedures related to finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement.
Human Resources (HR):
- Monitoring HR compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Supervise staff recruitment processes;
- Ensures gender sensitivity in staffing and policies.
- Contribute to revision of the Disaster Response Plan (DROP), with a specific task in preparing the corresponding annual budget and financial sections;
- Development of monthly and quarterly financial management information at project and country level;
- Preparation of country annual accounts, in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations;
- Monitoring finance compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations.
- Manage availability, continuity and security of appropriate IR facilities;
- Implementation of logistical policies and procedures in compliance with ZOA’s worldwide framework.
Compliance & Capacity Building:
- Ensuring compliance of ZOA SOP’s in field offices and, as applicable, implementing partners;
- Capacity building of ZOA staff and implementing partners regarding admin, HR, Finance, etc.
- Ensure procurement procedures are consistent with ZOA procurement policy and government requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Financial Management or HR;
- Finance practices
- HR practices;
- Command of English is essential;
- Experience in general management.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA.
Skills & Attitude:
- Result-oriented approach, initiates but also makes sure that initiatives come to a satisfactory result;
- Takes initiative to improve processes and procedures;
- Knows how to prioritize;
- Coaching and development of staff
- This is not a family or accompanied post
- Rest and recuperation conditions apply for these post
- Accommodation in ZOA guest house in Maiduguri
- Regular in-country R&R
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 25th August, 2017.