Action Against Hunger Job for FSL Deputy Program Managers
Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: FSL Deputy Program Manager
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- The Food Security Livelihood Deputy Program Manager will be based in Damaturu, Yobe State and report to the Food Security and Livelihood Program Manager.
- The FSL DPM will be also be responsible for implementing the FSL activities in the Integrated Basic Humanitarian Response Project (INP) through cash based interventions and capacity building to improve skills or production in pre-existing livelihood assets.
The specific objectives includes but are not limited to:
- Ensuring adherence to program quality and objectives, including respect of Action Against Hunger technical guidelines, systems, and established deadlines.
- Providing support to program budget design and updates, budget monitoring and cash projections.
- Contributing to organizational and sector-wide learning through documentation of lessons learnt, best practices, evaluations etc. from the FSL component of the program.
- Supporting detailed planning and implementation of FSL activities in collaboration with the FSL PM with the Multi sectorial PM.
- Identifying program implementation modalities that enhance partnership & coordination with government official and local communities, internal integration within sectors and other programs (Nutrition, WASH).
- Supporting the FSL PM in the development of project procurement and FSL program work plans.
- Ensuring harmonization of program operating plans and protocols across the program with the technical support from Regional Coordinators, review tools and approaches, and ensure technical standards, guidelines and methodologies are communicated and understood.
- Conducting regular field visits, providing advice and regular technical support to field-based program team (FSL Officers and FSL Assistants).
- Monthly compilation of FSL program technical reports with an overview of activities and contextual updates, and quantitative indicator follow-up and submit to FSL PM for consolidation.
- Ensuring all program-related data and information is correct, updated, organized and accessible to the country program heads, HQ and other key stakeholders, and lessons learnt and best practice are documented.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of bachelor’s degree in FSL related studies e.g. Agro-economy, Natural Resource Management, Anthropology, Disaster Risk Management etc. Higher level degree will be an added advantage.
- Possess excellent team management skills, budget and project management and representation competencies.
- Be willing to travel regularly to remote areas, where services are limited.
- Have a minimum two years’ work experience in humanitarian contexts, with at least 1 year in conflict/insecure contexts as well as FSL related program and managing inteventions (cash base transfer, IGA, agriculture/livelihoods)
- Have experience in implementing programs on behalf of donor (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, SIDA) funded activities.
- Have excellent Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Be fluent in Hausa and English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline: 21st August, 2017.