Jobs at eHealth Africa for Assistant Human Resources Managers
eHealth Africa (eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Assistant Human Resources Manager
- The Assistant HR Manager is responsible for supporting the HR Manager in planning and executing all HR operations for eHA staff.
- S/he performs HR related duties at the professional level and serves as a strategic partner with HR Manager in aligning business objectives with employees and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the Assistant HR Manager who acts as a backup to the HR Manager will assist in performing the following responsibilities:
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the HR department.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Determines business information reporting needs and ensures data integrity and timely reporting.
- Knows current labour supply and complement of available labour force. May also do an interview, if needed.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions, transfers.
- Designs, develops, implements, and monitors all organisation employee compensation and benefits policies, practices, and programs.
- Represents the company for any unemployment claims.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements.
- Oversees payroll of eHA staff in conjunction with designated finance staff
- Support performance management processes.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of department and services performed.
- Prepares and administers all human resources budgets and reports.
- Responsible for employee relations strategies ensuring consistent interpretation and implementation of policies and procedures throughout the organization.
- Provides employee relations support and coaching to management and staff.
- Manages the human resources information system through efficient and accurate data accumulation, processing and retrieval.
- Manages all aspects of hiring for open positions upon request, including developing job descriptions, recruiting, managing interview and selection processes, negotiations, and onboarding.
- Keeps the organization in compliance with governmental regulations.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including a proven ability to maintain constructive relationships with colleagues and partners, both in-person and virtually.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit, positive attitude, high energy.
- Must be able to work as an individual contributor and as a member of a team.
- Proven ability to work with diverse and large teams and to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholders.
- Ability to be adaptable, results-oriented, and positive in a changing work environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
Why work for us?
- Life at eHealth Africa means not only working towards saving thousands of lives but also collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for innovative technology. We offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and well-being is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
We believe strongly in our mission and our core values and our teams are most successful when they do also.
- Impact & Quality: We work on solving big problems. We believe in the power of technology to make a transformational difference in health systems, and we know that when we do high-quality work, we have the opportunity to change lives in the communities we impact.
- Innovative Problem-Solving: We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We build smart systems that will sustain beyond our tenures. We challenge prevailing assumptions, respect the urgency of the environments we operate in and take smart risks to search for the best solution.
- Passion: We care intensely about what we do, and about whom we do it with. We inspire others with our tenacity and commitment to our communities and each other.
- Honesty: We are honest with our communities, our partners, our donors, and ourselves. We communicate with candor, respect, and humility. We are quick to admit our own mistakes, and work to correct them with openness & expediency.
- Growth & Learning: We embrace curiosity. We pursue and promote continuous learning, share our skills and knowledge, and actively work to make ourselves and those around us better.
- Ownership: We work to become part of the fabric of the communities in which we work. We value our seat at the table and invest in the places we call home.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply