Quantity Surveyor Job at Megadrill Nigeria Limited
Megadrill Nigeria Limited is an industry Leader of drilling services in Nigeria Megadrill Nigeria Limited was incorporated under the companies and allied matters act of 1990 in May, 2005 with registration No. RC 623653. The company is strategically located in Port Harcourt Rivers State
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
- Prepare Bills of Quantities, Schedules of Works, Specifications and all contract documentation, ensuring that these comply with the project brief and timescale, budget estimates, all relevant legislation, regulations and policies
- Prepare preliminary estimates, cost plans, feasibility studies including advising company on economical construction methods, procurement, programming and contract matters, to enable costs to be accurately advised to clients.
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders.
- Providing insight on contractual claims.
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
- Valuing completed work and liaising with the Finance to arrange payments.
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- preparation of contracts, including details regarding quantities of required materials
- Conducts on-going cost analysis of all construction work; feasibility studies of client requests; site visits, assessments and projections for future work
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client.
- Prepare reports with recommendations on new work and work in progress for the site and Executive Management team, so that progress can be monitored and appropriate decisions made
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Performing risk and value management and cost control.
- Advising on procurement strategy.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Minimum of 2nd Class upper degree in Quantity Survey
- 7-10 years construction industry experience
- Membership of relevant professional body (NIQS, RICS)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and interact with all levels of personnel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send cvs to email@example.com
Company may expire jobs at their own discretion. If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.
Apply before Thursday, September 1, 2017