Vacancies at Kebbi State University of Science and Technology
The Governing Council of Kebbi State University of Science and Technology, Aliero has declared the following offices. In accordance with the provisions of Kebbi State University of Science and Technology, Aliero law 2006, the Governing Council, wishes to commence the process of filing the vacant position below:
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is the Principal Officer and Chief Financial Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- For the post, the University seeks candidates with vision, academic distinction, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life.
- The candidate should have the ability to develop linkages with the external communities to support the emerging needs of the University, command respect and engender cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University.
Qualification and Experience
Candidates for this post:
- Must possess a good honours degree not below second class lower division in Accounting or related discipline from a recognized University, possession of higher degree(s) is an added advantage;
- Must be a qualified member of any professional body such as ICAN, ACA, ANAN, CPA, CRM or ACCA;
- Must have minimum of fifteen (15) years post-qualification experience, preferably in a University or comparable institution, ten (10) years of which must be unbroken service in the University or comparable institution;
- Must have demonstrable competence in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages;
- Must be able to provide sound financial and administrative leadership.
- Candidates who are over fifty five (55) year of age as at the date of this publication are not eligible to apply. Also, retired public servants who had put in pensionable years of service before their retirement/ withdrawal of service are not eligible to apply
Conditions of Service
- Conditions of service for the position of the Bursar are as obtainable in the Nigerian Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Governing Council as appropriate.
Job Title: University Librarian
- The University librarian shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library, its branches and extension and for providing library service to the entire University community.
- The University librarian is a principal officer and is the head of the University library.
- The candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership.
- He/ She must possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in privet and public life; as well as being able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidate for this post:
- Must be professionally qualified and be a practicing Librarian;
- Must possess at least a Master’s degree in Library Science from a recognized University Doctorate degree will be an added advantage. The candidate must have had a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, ten years of which must be unbroken service in the University or comparable institution.
- Must have contributed to knowledge through research and publications in administrative leadership;
- Must be a registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN);
- Must be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
- Must have attained the rank of Deputy Librarian or its equivalent in a University or related Institution;
- Candidates who are over sixty (60) year of age as at the date of this publication are not eligible to apply. Also, retired public servants who had put in pensionable years of service before their retirement/ withdrawal of service are not eligible to apply
Condition of Service
- Conditions of service for the position of the University librarian are as obtainable in Nigerian Universities. Salary and allowances are as applicable to principal officers in Nigerian Universities.
Job Title: Registrar
- The registrar is a principal officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the vice Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University except as regards matters for which the Bursar is responsible.
- The Registrar is by the virtue of that office also Secretary of the Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
Qualifications/Requirements and Experience
- Candidate must possess good honors degree not below second class lower division in relevant discipline obtained from a recognized University and must have had not less than fifteen (15) years cognate experience, ten years of which must be unbroken service in the University or comparable institution.
- The candidate must not be below the rank of Deputy Registrar or cognate senior management position.
- He/She must also be information and Communication Technology (ICT) compliant.
- He/She must command respect and be able to carry colleagues along. The possession of higher degree(s) would be an added advantage.
- Candidates who are over fifty five (55) years of age as at the date of this publication are not eligible to apply. Also retired public servants who had put in pensionable years of service before their retirement/withdrawal of service are not eligible to apply.
Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and oilier conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Registrar of all Nigerian Universities as may be determined born time by the Governing Council as appropriate. Fringe benefits include pension in consonance with the contributory pension scheme and appropriate allowance as may be approved from time by the University Council.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty five (25) hard copies of their application and Curriculum Vitae highlighting the following, among others:
- Post applied
- Full name (surname underline)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin/Local Government
- Marital Status
- Current postal address
- E mail address and phone numbers
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic /professional qualifications obtained (with dates)
- Name(S) and address(es) of previous employer(s)
- Positions held and date
- Name and address of present employer
- Present salary
- Administrative experience
- Membership of professional bodies
- Extra- curricular activities
- Name and addresses of three (3) Referees
- Candidate should request three (3) referees to forward their reports directly under confidential cover to the Registrar on cc before dosing date. Such referees should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic standard, managerial capacity arid moral uprightness.
Submission of Applications
All applications in sealed envelopes with the post indicated at the top left hand corner of the envelope should be addressed to:
Kebbi State University of Science and Technology, Aliero
Note: Only candidates who are shortlisted will be invited for interview.
Application Deadline: 20th September, 2017.