Job at Palton Morgan Holdings for Legal & Company Secretary
Palton Morgan Holdings emerged in 2014 to revamp vital aspects of its chosen market segments in Nigeria. Palton Morgan Group currently runs a minimum turnover of £40million per annum with projected 20% profit/annum. The group with a staff strength of more than 200 employees, is one of the largest real estate investment firm in Nigeria.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Head, Legal & Company Secretary
- Provides legal counsel as well as written legal advice and opinions on all matters pertaining to Palton Morgan Holdings and its subsidiaries;
- Acts as the Organization’s Corporate Secretary in preparing agenda and collecting materials for meetings, speeches, and conferences, while also keeping records of all proceedings;
- Services various aspects of Executive Board activities, including the formal sessions, informal consultations and briefings, Board meetings/ provision of editorial and technical services for all documentation related to Executive board meetings;
- Researches, compiles, assimilates, and prepares confidential and sensitive documents and oversees a variety of administrative and executive tasks that are highly confidential and sensitive;
- Reviews service drafts, leases, charter parties, consultancy agreements and other legal documents that may be required from time to time;
- Liaises with relevant staff in Land Acquisition to form legal opinions for the company in the event of a legal tussle;
- Manages the administrative details of the office of the Managing Director/ED
- Provides legal support for all litigation and arbitration matters as they affect the company and coordinates/ handles the arbitration matters of the company.
- Renders company secretarial duties to Palton Morgan and its subsidiaries, and also assist in other governance related duties as may be referred from time to time;
- Represents Palton Morgan Holdings or any of its subsidiaries, before judicial, quasi-judicial, public and/or other bodies for the filing, registration, initialling or recordation of any instrument, document or transaction to which the Company or any of its constituent members is a party;
- Ensures that Palton Morgan Holding or any of its subsidiary organizations is in compliance with statutory and legal requirements in the country;
- Oversees other administrative matters including maintenance of law library, collation of forms & precedents and filing of all documentation of the office as well as other custodial responsibilities;
- Responsible for all legal research and co-ordinates the efforts of Palton Morgan Holding and its subsidiaries in keeping abreast with all developments in the law and the legal profession, as well as all other developments locally and globally, which may have a bearing on the responsibilities of the legal unit;
- Provides legal opinions and advice to Management and members of the Board on matters relating to the company and its investment activities;
- Reviews key agreements and other instruments or documents of a legal character on all matters referred to the legal unit;
- Overseas, direct, instruct and coordinates the activities of Palton Morgan Holdings and its Subsidiaries external solicitors;
- Performs such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or delegated by the MD/ED.
- A Bachelor of Law ( LLB)
- Barrister at Law (B.L)
- ICSAN certification
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in handling court cases
- Additional relevant qualification/certification will be added advantage.
- Minimum 8-10 years post-call experience in a reputable Law firm or reputable corporate organization
- Must have supervisory experience
- Experience in Company Law, Corporate commercial transactions, Company Secretarial functions and regulatory compliance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s, using the subject “Head, Legal & Comp. Sec.” to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2017