Nursing Job at South Shore Women’s and Children’s Hospital
At South Shore Women’s and Children’s Hospital, we are focused on the provision of excellent and individualized care to our patients. We believe totally in the respect of humans, their choices and the diversity of our patients. We are continually upgrading our knowledge and skills to the benefit of our patients.
We also recognize that our staff are our most valuable assets and as such continuously prioritize their welfare, and also see to the provision of an environment that is conducive for optimal productivity and performance and which consistently support operational efficiency and effectiveness.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Paediatric Nurse
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos.
Type: Full Time
Job Category: Middle Level
- The Paediatric Nursing Officer provides care needs of infants, children and teenagers to age 17, throughout their developmental stage. Appropriate communication with this age group and their parents or guardians is a key part of their job.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
- Perform admitting assessments, review patient history and assist developing a plan of care for the patients.
- Administer medications, solutions and treatments such as Oral, SC, IV routes according to physician’s order and record changes and response of the patient.
- Preparing patients for operations and procedures, supporting, advising and educating patients and close relatives.
- Recording pulse, temperature and respiration and keeping accurate records of these observations.
- Administering drugs and injections, and assisting with tests and evaluations.
- Engaging in and promoting multidisciplinary teamwork, including working alongside specialist doctors and nurses, health visitors, social workers, radiographers and physiotherapists.
- Knowledge sharing with peers and other relevant healthcare professionals.
- Organizing staff and workload to ensure shift cover, possibly across more than one ward
- Writing reports and updating records before completing a shift.
- Document nursing care properly on chart forms and birth certificates
- Observe strict hygiene and safety rules and ensuring that visitors also observe any rules on the ward or unit.
- Participate in patient discharge planning using process procedure.
- Order, stock, and maintain exam rooms with standard levels of supplies, medications and equipment.
- Educate and counsel patients on sexual health, family planning and safe practices.
- Educate mother on proper nutrition and appropriate exercises.
- Provide essential information to assist new mothers such as instructions on general child care and breastfeeding.
- Administrative Duties
- Operate clinical equipment according to equipment procedures including safety and quality control checks.
- Check examination rooms for malfunctioning equipment and general maintenance problems on a regular basis and report findings to appropriate authority.
Health and Safety:
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in compliance with South Shore Women’s and Children’s health and safety policy and statutory regulations.
- Ensure a clean, comfortable and safe environment for patients, clients and members of staff.
- Minimum academic qualification of a RN/RM/Bachelor of Nursing Degree with specialization in paediatrics.
- Completion of NYSC program
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act.
- Knowledge of safety and injection control practices.
- 2 to 4 ears relevant work experience in a related role within a hospital setting.
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria and must be licensed to practice.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
Salary very competitive in line with industry standard.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their word doc CV’s only to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 14th August, 2017.