Job for a Country Manager in an Oil & Energy Company
Simpson Booth is a recruitment business and HR consultancy offering proactive solutions that are highly flexible and tailored to your needs. Whether a client or a candidate, the service we offer is informed by a unique level of understanding that draws on our personal experience and expertise.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Manager
Reports To: COO
Level: Mid-Senior level
Industry: Oil & Energy
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Management General Business
- The Country Manager will plan, co-ordinate, coach and manage the day-to-day running of the Nigerian business team in country, with the view to enabling the company to achieve its overall objectives.
- Provide strategic direction to the entire team to ensure delivery of broad business objectives
- Recruit, train, retain (through motivation and coaching) to develop high quality staff
- Liaise with the drilling and operations departments in Nigeria to ensure all requirements are fulfilled, all paperwork is reported and filed as required.
- Coordinates third party operations to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives.
- Foster good relationships with the government and partners and ensure compliance with regulatory and the country’s laws.
- Oversees the commercial function of the business in-country and ensure that controls are in place to enhance accountability and alignment with the wider business strategies including managing debt recoveries.
- At least fifteen (15) years oil and gas experience at a senior management level.
- Good interpersonal skills and integrity are essential.
- Must be a NIGERIAN National
- Knowledge in, negotiation, commercial awareness and use of IT.
- Thorough understanding of E&P operations.
- Advanced analytical, interpersonal and people management skills
- Understanding of the political, socio-economic environment.
- Countrywide territorial knowledge.
- Negotiation Skills and Presentation Skills
- Identify, document and manage in-country risks associated with the operations in-country
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Due to the high levels of interest in our advertised vacancies and the number of applications we receive, Simpson Booth regrets that it is not possible to respond to all submissions. If you have not heard from Simpson Booth regarding your application within 14 days please assume that, in this instance, you have been unsuccessful.