APM Terminals Job for Head of Human Resources
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your work place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Human Resources
Location: Onne, Rivers
- Plans the strategic direction of the department, aligning it with the overall business plan and strategy of the company.
- Ensures that all employees are provided equal opportunity, fair and consistent application of policy, regardless of nationality or citizenship.
- Responsible for management of all worker groups including unions, worker representatives & collective bargaining bodies
- Responsible to maintain key contacts with employer associations & labour ministry officials
- Recommends solutions and advises management on significant employee relations matters.
- Directs the administration of the compensation system and methodology, ensuring consistent practices.
- Approves general administrative documents, including employment contracts, status changes (job title, salary grade, pay), separations from employment, and other related matters.
- Provides a key liaison with the community, as it may relate to the company overall or to some aspect of the human resources function.
- Keeps fully informed of changes in labour or employment law matters.
- Researches human resources issues, seeks out comparative data, utilizing survey instruments or other applicable vehicles for such research and analysis.
- The primary challenge in this position will arise in taking decisions the correctness of which may not be evident immediately. Therefore, exercise of judgement in taking such decisions that enter the field of ‘no right answers’ is critical
- The incumbent is required to constantly improve people management practices & the role is multi-dimensional as decisions can impact all areas of the terminal business.
- To deal with & manage unions and to reinforce relationships with them.
- Negotiate & structure local initiatives with Unions.
- Take cognizance of the employment needs of host communities and managing hiring process in such a way that company is able to obtain best resources while managing expectations.
Who We are Looking For
- A University degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Behavioral Science, or Management.
- Requires substantial experience in general human resources or related work, with an emphasis in organizational design and planning, employment, labour law, employee relations, compensation, and benefits.
- Must have substantial managerial experience, preferably in the private sector.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with labour and employment law and practices.
- Requires a thorough understanding of investigative methods and principles.
- Requires a complete and thorough understanding of international management standards and principles.
- Must be thoroughly knowledgeable in various international human resources standards in the areas of compensation, employee relations, general benefits, employment and staffing practices, and organizational development.
- Requires basic knowledge to review and interpret survey and other data.
- Must have demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of employees, including top, middle and supervisory levels of management including union staff and their representatives
- Requires strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Requires a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment, with an ability to understand the effect of decisions overall in the company.
- Must be able to handle confidential company and employee information with complete discretion.
- Must have strong analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data.
- Requires advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- A wide range of national and international career opportunities
- Opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 28th August, 2017.