Jobs at FHI 360 for State Program Managers in Port Harcourt
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: State Program Manager
Job ID: 18957
Location: Port Harcourt
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The State Program Manager is part of the senior management team for FHI360 Nigeria, in a decentralized country management structure and forms part of the strategic team that directs the operations of FHI360 Nigeria overall.
- S/he is responsible for program planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the interventions implemented by FHI360 and its partners in the assigned state.
- S/he is accountable for judicious use of all resources entrusted with FHI360 and its partners in the assigned state.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in development of and monitors work plans and budgets; ensures appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; coordinates partner efforts in program implementation; ensures appropriate program monitoring and accurate financial and programmatic reporting to the Country Office.
- Work with the relevant departments to establish and execute a capacity development plan to provide assistance to the state office for effective program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Provide overall supervision for FHI360/Nigeria state office staff and ensure compliance with technical, programmatic, contractual and financial requirements set by FHI360 and its donors.
- Responsible for the overall management and coordination of FHI360 activities at the state office.
- Serve as the point of contact of FHI360 with government officials and coordinate and collaborate with all public sector and NGO partners at the state.
- With the assistance of the country office M&E staff, monitor all intervention strategies to ensure that they meet contractual, financial and programmatic goals.
- With technical assistance from country office technical specialists, provide programmatic/technical assistance to all local FHI360 partners in the design, implementation, modification, monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Coordinate all capacity building activities for FHI360 partners at the state level.
- Review periodic reports (programmatic and financial) submitted by all collaborating partners at the state office level and forward same to the country office.
- Undertake regular monitoring visits to project sites as necessary.
- Ensure that all FHI360 assets and other resources are effectively managed.
- Collaborate with other IPs based in the state to coordinate project activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MBBS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 5-7 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years experience with HIV/AIDS program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Or MS/MA in Social Science, Public Health or related field, MPH preferred, and a minimum of 7-9 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years experience with HIV/AIDS program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Or BS/BA in Social Science, Public Health or related field, with a minimum of 9-11 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years experience with HIV/AIDS program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Salary & Benefit
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply