Latest Vacancies in a Leading 4-star Hotel for Chefs
Workforce Group – Our client a leading 4-star hotel conveniently located on Lekki-Epe Expressway, about 20 minutes’ drive from the commercial centre of Victoria Island, Lagos, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Chef
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- Our client is currently looking for an Assistant Chef who will be responsible for ensuring that the standard and quality of the food production and the hygiene within the kitchen department is maintained at the highest level at all times.
- This role is very much hands-on, requiring great attention to detail and a positive and strong work attitude.
- He/she is primarily responsible for creating recipes and ensuring menu variety is maintained for both internal and external customers.
- Supervise the preparation of all food according to recipes
- Ensure all food is prepared as per food preparation requirements
- Ensure meals are produced on time, and sufficient quantities are available for the various areas
- Maintain stock levels of all kitchen supplies
- Prepare daily pastry and bakery requirements as per the menu
- Be available for functions as they arise to ensure that the food is prepared and served as required
Oversee and Supervise:
- Ensure all staff are aware of their duties and what is expected of them
- Teach staff the skills they require to perform their roles to the required standard
- Delegate duties to kitchen staff as per the menu requirements
- Oversee and monitor the work of kitchen staff to ensure all tasks are done as required
- Give staff feedback on their performance to enable staff development
- Ensure any staffing issues are resolved fairly and quickly
Manage Kitchen Stocks:
- Ensure wastage is minimised by careful supervision of food preparation methods
- Ensure proper hygienic storage methods are utilised to prevent food loss
- Ensure all HACCP protocols as well as best practice is applied daily in the kitchen operations
- Oversee the ordering and control of stock levels
Safe Working Practices:
- Ensure staff are aware of and follow safe work practices at all times
- Assist other staff in the cleaning of the kitchen at the end of the shift
- Ensure his/her own work station is kept clean and hygienic at all times
Assist the F&B Manager as Required:
- Manage the Catering Department in the Catering Manager’s absence
- Assist the day-to-day running of the department
- Carry out other tasks as required by the Catering Manager
- Pay careful attention to the operating budgets of the department to ensure that costs are controlled to maintain the correct levels of spending
- Any other duties assigned by the General Manager
- You must be very well groomed and presentable, organized, and skilled in the culinary arts.
- You must be confident, self-driven, highly motivated and must be very passionate about food and its presentation.
- You must be proactive, possess the ability to cope with stressful situations and deliver on expectations when under pressure.
- Flexibility is a must as you will be working different shifts.
- You ideally must already have experience in helping to run a kitchen operationally and administratively as a strong Sous chef.
- You must be eager and ready to step up to the next level and be the boss of your own kitchen team.
- You must have natural passion for hospitality and be able deliver amazing service with a smile.
- You must possess certificate qualifications from a reputable catering school as a minimum requirement.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the mail should be “Assistant Chef”.
Note: Must be resident within Lekki and environs.
Application Deadline: 18th August, 2017.