New Jobs at Youngstars Foundation
Youngstars Foundation is one of Africa’s unique, life-changing youth organization operating in Abuja, Nigeria. From a weekly youth club in a local barber shop in 1995, Youngstars Foundation is growing to emerge as one of the lead youth non-profit that is building young people and strengthening youth organizations involved in development programs in Africa.
Youngstars Foundation is now in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA), and is registered with CAC Nigeria as Youngstars Development Initiative (CAC/IT/NO 21517) and in Ghana as Youngstars Development Initiative (G.21, 431).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Webmaster
- B.Sc/HND in Computer Science or any other qualification in Computing
- An experienced Webmaster of at least 2 years’ experience with proof of achievement
- Between 21 and 30 years of age.
- Applicant will need to be competent in graphic design using Photoshop, Fireworks and Corel Draw with a constant desire to push boundaries.
- Applicant will also be required to demonstrate outstanding organizational abilities coupled with a confident approach to communicating at varied levels.
- Applicant will need to be an enthusiastic worker passionate about growing skills and driving new ideas and initiatives forward.
- WordPress, HTML, CSS, PHP, MYSQL, Photoshop, Fireworks, Corel Draw and at least one OO programming language.
- Applicant with knowledge of Illustrator have added advantage.
Job Title: Business and Entrepreneurship Manager
- The Business and Entrepreneurship Manager will be responsible for developing new business and entrepreneurship opportunities for expanding the financial base of the organisation.
- This will include but not limited business startup, market forecasting, idea development, strategic planning, budget planning, financial analysis, sales and marketing, reporting and other managerial responsibilities.
- A Degree/HND/OND in Business Administration/Management/Sales/Marketing, Finance, or any other related Social Science discipline.
- At least 2 – 3years of experience in related position is an advantage.
- Between 23 and 35 years of age.
- An eye for identifying and creating business opportunities
- Familiar with startup culture and business development models
- Strong desire to disrupt systems and create new markets
- Ability to write business plans
- Excellent written and oral English
- Ability to work in a team and in a dynamic work environment
- Strong work ethics and personal character
- Ability to plan, prioritize, multi-task, pay attention to details
- Proficiency in the use of computer and social media tools
- Proficiency in basic accounting will be an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel based on job demand.
Job Title: Accountant Assistant
- Under the direction of the Director of Accounts, the Account Assistant shall assume responsibility for accounting in the foundation and ensure compliance with the contractual financial requirements of programs/projects.
- Assist in accurate keeping of all books of account for the project, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Monitor periodic expenditures of projects by analyzing financial data and producing periodic and ad hoc reports.
- Function as support for processing cash advances, retirements, petty cash management and refunds made in favor of the foundation.
- Review the work of sub-grantees for accuracy and proper report content.
- Support in proposal development in collaboration with proposal team.
- Create, update, and maintain financial spreadsheets.
- Work with the Director of Accounts to lead the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports, fiscal year budgets including financial status of sub-projects account activities with accompanying bank documentation and receipts.
- Assist the Director of Accounts and other supervisory staff in monitoring sub-project budgets in accordance with approved work plan activities.
- Develop budgets, including staff time allocations.
- Work with team leads to resolve problems associated with monthly expenditures and life-of projects budgets.
- Highly creative, innovative and can generate ideas.
- Passionate about development and young people.
- Self motivated and meets deadlines.
- Enjoys team spirit and collaboration.
- Tolerant and respectful of other tribes, religion and nationality.
- Open to learning.
- Zero tolerance for norm and routine
- BS/BA/HND in Accounting, banking, and Finance or its recognized equivalent
- Minimum of 1-3 year’s experience in accounting related position.
- Familiarity with non-governmental organizations in Nigeria is an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters, CV’s and recent passport photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Deadline: 26th September, 2017.