Jobs at ICRC for Assistant Vehicle Fleet Managers
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation, is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Assistant Vehicle Fleet Manager (VFM Assistant)
- Assist the Vehicle Fleet Manager with Fleet related administrative task including but not limited to creating reports, archiving, ensure accurate record keeping, updating fleet data base systems, and gathering statistics
- Supervision/ follow-up of local insurance claims until they are closed and settled and assists with compiling documentation for claims submitted to Geneva
- Provide Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports and statistics on vehicle use and drivers activities.
- Crosschecks and validates fuel invoices and delivery notes from suppliers
- In co-ordination with the Delegation’s Security Focal Point, assists with on the spot accident response and dealing with authorities/local insurance providers to obtain applicable documentation
- Supervises registration/deregistration processes and obtaining necessary licenses/permits to operate, de-register and dispose of Fleet assets with the support of Import/Export Colleagues
- Closely liaises with field sites to ensure reporting, and administrative tasks are being follow
- Supervision / follow-up of local insurance contract validity and renewal
- Provides training and support to sub-delegations in regards to Fleet Administrative Task
- Degree/Vocational training in Administration, Transportation, Logistics or proven relevant work history
- 2-3 years of experience in fleet management, logistics, administration or similar position
- Strong computer skills (Word/Excel mandatory, prior Fleet data-base systems an asset)
- Excellent knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
- Good knowledge of local insurance practices, national traffic laws/regulations and vehicle registration laws including annual vehicle inspection requirements law by governments
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Must have a valid driver’s licence
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning, Team Work, Planning
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Organization & assessment and communication (Ability to express views and ideas)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, CV’s and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate “VFM Assistant Abuja” as the subject of your application
- Application sent after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process
Application Deadline: 24th August, 2017.