ARM Life Plc Job for an Internal Control Officer
ARM Life is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non-bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management. Established in 1994, ARM started operations as a traditional asset management company specialising in the management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer (ARM Non-Pension, FINCON, Other Shared Services and Specialised Funds)
Job Type: Full-Time
- Trade and cash call over, Pricing review, AOD adequacy, Reconciliations, Review of Mutual fund redemption, Reporting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Trade call over: Perform a daily review/call over of all equity trades and ensure any exceptions noted during the trade call over process are duly resolved. Actively seek avenues for improvement in the trade call over process.
- AOD adequacy review: Perform a monthly review of AODs for mutual fund accounts opened during the period and evaluate the integrity of client data available on HITRUST/Integra.
- Reconciliations: Perform monthly reconciliations of ARM and Custodian records, which will include CITI reconciliation, CSCS reconciliation, and any other reconciliation activity assigned to you by your supervisors.
- Review of mutual fund redemptions: Perform a review/call over of mutual fund redemptions in line with the documented review process (you will be responsible for producing this process document). Actively seek avenues for improvement in the redemptions call over process.
- Cash call over: Perform a daily call over of cash transactions booked on HIPORT, and ensure all exceptions noted during cash call over are duly resolved. Also identify opportunities for improvement in the call over process.
- Pricing review: Perform a review of mutual and institutional fund pricing to attest for the accuracy of the fund prices. This also involves checking that the correct prices are published and subsequently updated on HIPORT/FUNDWARE and HITRUST/INTEGRA in a timely manner.
- Reporting: Ensure timely reporting of all weekly and monthly reports. Note that this report should be forwarded by the close of business on your last working day of every week, which would usually be Thursday.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance-related discipline
- ACA qualification or its equivalent would be an advantage
- 0-1 years of experience in a similar role.
MS Office Suite Skills:
- Intermediate knowledge and application of MS Excel
- Intermediate knowledge and application of MS Word
- Intermediate knowledge and application of MS Power-point
- Good business ethics
- Good time management
- Good listening skills
- Good communication
- Good interpersonal skills
- Hardworking, energetic and resilient
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision
- Good team player
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 2nd September, 2017.