Job at Thomson Reuters Nigeria for Bureau Chief
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Bureau Chief
Ref No: JREQ087989
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
- The successful candidate, based in Lagos, will drive our coverage of Africa’s most populous nation, its biggest oil producer and largest economy.
- The role demands an enterprising and ambitious Journalist who can lead by example.
- S/he must have a proven track record of breaking exclusive news and of longer-format reporting and writing, as well as an aptitude for multi-media story-telling.
- They will be able to handle both breaking news and longer-term investigative efforts.
- S/he must be adept across a broad range of topics, able to turn their hand from the battle against Boko Haram in the remote north or the impact on global energy markets of an oil spill in the Niger Delta; from intrigue inside the presidential palace to unorthodox efforts by the central bank to defend the country’s currency.
- And they will be at home telling stories in text, graphics, video and photographs.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong writing and reporting skills, and experience in multi-media story-telling.
- Knowledge of financial, business and corporate reporting, preferably in Africa.
- Strong leadership skills to inspire, train and manage a large, diverse team.
- Hostile environment experience and the ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Fluency in one of Nigeria’s main languages is helpful but not obligatory.
- Ability to generate great story ideas, including enterprise pieces.
- Proven ability to lead from the front, breaking news and setting the agenda.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply