IFDC Job for a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
We are recruiting to fill the below position below:
Tracking Code: 20120310
- The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for anticipated USAID/Nigeria Rural Resilience Project in northern Nigeria.
- Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
- The DCOP will support the Chief of Party in managing staff and providing technical leadership in the design and implementation of resilience and rural development activities.
- We seek an individual with significant broad and proven expertise in rural resilience, agricultural development in a developing country context, preferably Nigeria and the Soudano-Sahel region.
- The DCOP will complement the Chief of Party with experience in facilitation and systems approaches, comprehensive and integrated food security and nutrition, and able to bring lessons learned from past resilience interventions in the diverse environments.
- The DCOP will ensure that the project meets all USAID environmental requirements and complies with USAID environmental policies and regulations.
- Overall program responsibility;
- Ability to manage toward maximum effectiveness, efficiency and output;
- Apply a facilitation approach to implementation;
- Represent the program to donors, key stakeholders and host country government counterparts by assuming primary responsibility in negotiating terms and conditions of the program.
- A minimum of a Maste’s degree in a relevant field or a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience as Deputy Chief of Party, Senior Program Manager or an equivalent position managing large, complex agricultural development and resilience programs preferably within West Africa. Experience working in Nigeria and the Soudano –Sahel region are preferred.
- Experience in building capacity of public agency personnel to more effectively meet the requirements of their position.
- Experience in the environmental compliance on projects and working with host country agencies.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in strategic thinking and policy analysis and able to dialogue with host country government.
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative across projects, flexible and creative.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, private sector, NGOs, research institutions.
- Oral and written communication and presentations skills in English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply