PwC Vacancy for Chief Financial Officers (CFO)
PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC) – Our client in the Energy sector for the role of candidates with experience in the Oil & Gas sector. The role has the primary responsibility for providing financial management leadership and decision support to the Group’s business operation so as to ensure effective utilization of resources, while minimizing risks. The organisation is rapidly developing an international presence and a growing reputation on the global market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Reference Number: 130-PEO00728
Location: Port Harcount
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on the implementation of financial and operational plans focused on the achievement of corporate goals and objectives
- Lead development and execution of short, medium and long term financial strategy and procedures
- Ensure effective funds planning and utilisation across the company
- Manage the company’s finance function, budgets and programmes and ensures prompt preparation of adequate internal and external consolidated financial reports to meet all stakeholders’ need
- Ensure efficient financial information management for strategic, tactical and operational decision making
- Oversee Treasury – cash flow, project funding and investment management
- Design effective programmes to measure and evaluate the performance of finance staff.
- Oversee the company’s accounting function, including maintaining up to date accounting records, preparing and circulating to Board members the management accounts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, as well as working with external Auditors to ensure timely completion, sign-off and filing of annual audited accounts
- Develop and maintain effective liaison with relevant external bodies e.g. auditors, banks, solicitors, multi-lateral lending institutions and regulatory bodies
- Develop strategies for accessing and securing funds at cost effective rates
- Recommend and coordinate the implementation of strategies for investing company’s surplus funds
- Manage all financial risks across the company (e.g. foreign exchange risks, interest rate exposures etc.) and escalates issues to executive management
- Perform financial modeling and analysis
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial business relationships and represent the company with investors and bankers
The ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum of a first degree in any discipline
- An MBA or Masters in a related discipline is desirable
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in the Oil & Gas sector
- Experience in Corporate Finance is an advantage
- Relevant finance/ accounting certification –CFA, ACCA, ICAN etc
- In-depth knowledge of relevant Accounting Standards and related regulations
- Experience in capital raising, investment, increasing shareholders value is desirable
- Strong communication and networking skills and ability to build strong relationships relevant to the development of business potential and partnerships.
- Strong Corporate Finance experience
- Financial advisory services
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Excellent knowledge of valuation methods
- Strong Leadership skills
- Communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussion.
Application Deadline: 25th August, 2017.