Vacancy at Weatherford Nigeria for a Financial Controller
Weatherford is among the largest global oil and gas service providers, delivering innovative technologies and services for formation evaluation, well construction, completion, stimulation, and production. Our global network spans more than 100 countries and includes 680 service locations and 13 research, development, and training facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
The Finance Team in Europe-Africa region is looking for a Financial Controller for Nigeria. The ideal candidate will show solid leadership skills and will help the team organize and define objectives, in line with the strategies of the organization. The job will also involve:
- Complying with Weatherford US financial reporting requirements.
- Complying with statutory and tax requirements.
- Ensuring internal controls are in place and operating effectively, complying with company policy and SOX.
- Responsibility for financial processing functions such as A/P, payroll, cash, assets & inventory, general accounting, sales invoicing.
Main area of responsibilities will include to manage the finance and accounting function and work with 3rd party service centers to ensure compliance with local legislation, company policy and US GAAP accounting rules. Ensuring:
- All accounting transactions are recorded accurately and timely.
- Management of inter-co invoicing process in accordance with company policy.
- Correct account coding for all expenditures. Ensure invoices and all expenditures are approved for payment in accordance with the Grant of Authority.
- Cash flow management is optimum and in line with company policy.
- Proper controls and processes are in place for approval and payment of employee expense reports.
- Inventory and asset records are properly kept in accordance with company policy.
- Responsible for managing the sales invoicing department, to ensure that sales invoices are accurately prepared, submitted to the customer on time. Work with operations to ensure time to invoice is minimized. Ensure compliance with the company Revenue Recognition policy.
- Cash flow and treasury management. Prepare periodic cash flow forecasts and cash transfers in line with treasury policies. Work with Region.
- Responsible to ensure the internal control requirements of the Sarbanes Oxley Act are met.
- Monthly balance sheet reviews, timely resolution of reconciling items.
- Ensure adequate resources and training in the use of reporting systems such as Hyperion and Essbase, keep up to date with the monthly financial reporting requirements issued by Houston. Ensure back-up for key functions in the F&A department.
- Work with Region Controller Europe and Region Finance Department, to ensure monthly financial reporting deadlines are met and all financial information is forwarded on an accurate and timely basis, through standard and other ad-hoc reports as required.
- Responsibility to work with operations management to ensure asset and inventory counts are performed in accordance with company policy, and to ensure the continuous reconciliation between financial, operational and physical records.
- Responsible for the area’s tax accounting in line with US GAAP and company policies. Work with local tax and legal advisers to ensure statutory and tax compliance requirements are met, for example with regards to tax filings, including personnel taxes and other statutory requirements.
- Assists the Region Credit Manager to ensure: credit is only given in line with company policy; accurate and timely billing; timely collection of accounts receivable.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a similar position
- Vast experience in Finance & International environment in Nigeria
- Bachelor Degree with a major in Finance. MBA or Master preferred
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proficiency in English
- Knowledge/experience of oil & gas industry.
- Experienced in US monthly reporting and US GAAP accounting.
- Knowledge/experience of Sarbanes Oxley and other SEC requirements.
- Knowledge/experience of using JD Edwards and Hyperion.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply