IOM Job Vacancy for an Operations Officer
International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Officer (Humanitarian Hub)
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 11 September 2017
- Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub Office, Maiduguri, and the direct supervision of the Project Manager (Humanitarian Hub (HH)), the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Humanitarian Hubs in North-East Nigeria.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall management of the operation of the Humanitarian Hub.
- Support and work with all Head of Departments (HODs) in all aspects of running the Humanitarian Hub.
- Ensure the humanitarian hub is in a good operational condition.
- Conduct regular operations team meeting with all the HODs daily / weekly to discuss routine operational matters, guest feedback and action taken for service recovery.
- Inspecting all departments with their respective Manager’s for cleanliness, ambience, service readiness, staff grooming & hospitality culture.
- Monitor the co-ordination between all Humanitarian Hub departments for smooth & efficient operations.
- Assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction and service recovery process.
- Meet all HODs to review and train the staff to upkeep the human capital.
- Identifying staff learning needs and assisting with development.
- Providing timely and constructive feedback to all direct reports as and when required either formally or informally.
- Monitor and maintain operation and overhead cost.
- Be available on call 24 hours a day to resolve any urgent problems on emergencies.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) implementation in all departments and check the same during routine operational checks.
- Prepare and monitor the purchase requisitions, the accounts receivable (collection from debtors) and the accounts payable (payable to the vendors / suppliers etc.) for the humanitarian Hub.
- Randomly inspecting the stores (F&B/Kitchen) to check the stock in hand (quality, par stock levels, expiry etc.).
- Dealing with Suppliers/Vendors for quality products involving Procurement.
- Manager and providing performance assessment of vendors.
- Inspecting all departments for SOP implementation.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Hotel or Hospitality Management; Business Management, Facilities Management; Property Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University Degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Work experience in a 3 to 5 Star Hotel, Humanitarian Hub set up as a Deputy Manager, Asst.
- Operations Manager, Hotel Manager, Camp Manager or equivalent;
- Prior experience in management of humanitarian Hubs and field based staff accommodation will be an added advantage;
- Competency in team work, reliability under pressure, capacity to handle several tasks of varying priorities at the same time and careful observance of technical guidelines;
- Experience in supporting projects in multiple locations as well as providing on-job support/training to staff.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th September, 2017.