Jobs at Save the Children for Human Resources Assistants
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Job ID: sav-90603
Job Type: Full-time
- The purpose of the assignment is to provide professional HR support to Save the Children’s programme team based in Lagos Area Office.
- The HR Assistant will provide administrative/HR support for the effective implementation of activities in Lagos Area office.
- S/he will liaise with the other departments in Lagos Area office and the Country office and ensure agreed action regarding HR, Admin, Logistics or other support is taken, and give feedback to the team.
- The job holder will also undertake other support duties including, but not limited to cover for front desk, arranging travel and meetings/workshops for the Country Office.
Scope of the Role
- Reports to: HR Coordinator
- Staff directly reporting to this post: None
- Budget responsibility: None
Key Areas of Accountability
- Responsible for maintaining personnel filing system in both soft and hard for HR department
- Review personnel and recruitment files in identifying missing documents
- Collate missing information in excel spread sheet
- Provide administrative support to Line Manager in arranging for HR trainings
- Maintain all personnel files in line with HR best practice standards
- Assist the HR Coordinator with arranging for interviews
- Update staff information on HRIS
- Follow-up with Country Office and Field HR focal persons on recruitment documents
- Responsible for maintaining all recruitment documentation in line with SCI guideline
- Track probation and prepare confirmation letters
- Track staff leave days using the leave tracker
- Follow up with staffs and recruiting managers on missing documents in personnel and recruitments files
- Update and circulate the filing list regularly to HR team members.
- Collate induction materials in readiness for induction
- Ensure leave tracker is updated
- Responsible for collection of time-sheets and file and track as appropriate
- Any other duty assigned by Line Manager
- Assist in following up of missing document from the CO and Field offices.
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Relations & Personnel Management (HR), Business Administration or Social Sciences
- With at least 2 years’ experience in similar role covering Staff and performance management as well as HR Generalist administration.
- Strong coordination and time management skills
- Experience of dealing with diary management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to both support colleagues and request support as and when required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, fluent in English
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with proven administrative skills
- Sound knowledge of office practices, procedures and administrative systems including filing systems
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively in a constantly changing environment, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Ability to draft well-written, professionally presented documents
- IT experience – Proficient in Microsoft Office and database applications
- Commitment to Save the Children mission, vision and values
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2017.