Onstream Group ongoing recruitment for suitable and qualified applicants to fill the position of Start-Up Laboratory Technician (Local). The Position is based in Nigeria.
- Preparation of Laboratory / Chemical tool box list (tote tanks, safety coupling and transfer hoses), follow-up of the purchase order.
- Define the laboratory chemicals and consumables (for Tow and for SITE).
- Ensure the design and implementation of the storage areas (lab chemicals, spare parts, samples…) are adequate.
- Ensure all necessary sampling equipment will be provided (pressure bottles, sealed bottles, sampling points, connectors…) and ensure sampling program can be fulfilled
- Prepare the procedures related to laboratory (analyses standards, sampling, wastes…) as per MDR
- Follow of sampling points installation v/s typical rules.
Onshore Commissioning phase (Korea – LADOL):
- Check layout and arrangement of the laboratory including the fluid supplies (power, air, water, drains, HVAC…)
- Collect MSDS‘s for HSE dossier
- Prepare reporting procedure for chemical consumption and analysis results
- Participate in the commissioning activities linked to laboratory activities (online analysers, sampling, metering, chemicals storage and injection facilities…)
- Development of the procedures (templates, routes, analyses, supplies…)
- Data definition of the sampling, analyses requirements and measurements, (fluids, frequency, equipment, standards…) in LIMS database
- Follow the procurement /delivery of Laboratory tool box and chemical
- Follow the procurement / delivery of process chemical & tote tanks
- Ensure that EPCC contractor is applying proper chemical treatment on facility during interim operation until hand over to field operation.
- Preparation of the tow phase and offshore phase.
Offshore Phase (Nigeria):
- Responsible for the safe and good operation of the laboratory activities, chemicals injections and sampling operations
- Follow of Laboratory installation in the laboratory and perform testing of these equipment.
- Ensure the quality of the sampling, measurements, analyses (on schedule, according to the standards) whatever the fluids (condensate, gas, water, diesel oil…)
- Prepare follow up of analyses results in LIMS database
- Record and report all the results and, more generally, all the lab activities
- Ensure safety, good order, operability and cleanliness of the equipment (including sampling points, online analysers, storage areas…)
- Ensure that the HSE principles are implemented on the chemicals and fluids handling.
- Identify treatment problems, investigate, troubleshoot and propose solutions
- Optimize the production in terms of quality, chemical consumption, process stability etc…
- Ensure the training of the laboratory supervisor and assistants
- Work in close contact with the technical support team based Onshore
- Carry out any other duties / projects that may be assigned by the Head of Production in relation with HSE & OIM
- Prepare Iso14001 site certification (reporting part and dossier management)
- Follow up procurement of the equipment and consumables not supplied by the Project.
- Provide relevant results to Production team and participate to daily meeting to comment analysis results and optimize production
- Qualification: HND in Chemistry.
- Professional experiences: Minimum 5 years in Oil and Gas field with experience in Chemical Treatment field.
- Language: Fluency in English, French is a plus.