Vacancies in a Top Insurance Firm
One of the top Insurance firms in Nigeria, is looking to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer, Inspection and Survey Team
Reports to: Head, Underwriting & Head, Central Claims Group
- The primary focus of this position is to support the Head of Inspection & Survey team so that all in-house claim adjustment, pre-inspection of risk (within our limits), assessment/inspection is done in an efficient manner and most cost effective manner.
- To ensure prompt underwriting/claims inspection/investigation, complete claim documents requested for and received,carry out sound analysis of documents and Surveyor’s report, in order to settle genuine claims promptly, recommend risk improvement measures to under writing Unit to enable them quote premium appropriate for the risks being covered.
- Engineers, Garages, Surveyors, Agents, Brokers, Walk-in-Customers, Superintendents, Lawyers, Consultants, Service Providers and Others
- Inspecting all risks/claims assigned to the unit within the stated timelines in the SLA
- Negotiating with Garages during claims adjustment
- Ensure adequate reserve is advised for creation
- Book appointment with Insureds/Claimants/Brokers to arrange for physical inspection
- Undertake physical inspection and investigation to ascertain validity of reported claims/risks to be surveyed
- Ensure prompt generation of offer memo for approval and further action
- Liaise with external engineers/Surveyors for huge claims
- Review Surveyors/Engineers’ reports
- Liaise with external Surveyors/Engineers/Garages to ensure cleints satisfcation within the stated timelines in the SLA
- Requesting for claim substantiating documents
- Ensure timely and correct data entries into our software application
- Adjust in-house claims that are of low value, based on laid down procedures and claim quantum
- Resolving Insured’s complaints related to risks survey/claims administration, refers difficult or very complex complaints to Head, Inspection & Survey Team as occasion will demand.
- Prompt response to all surveys/inspections within stimulated timelines as stated in the SLA
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of claims documents before concluding the claim.
- Interpret policy wording, analyse and review adjustment to determine the company’s liability and make necessary recommendation to the Team Lead
- Recommending risk improvement measures to be communicated by team lead to underwriters and marketers (where applicable)
- Ensure that all necessary information/documents required for the EDMS success is provided as-at when due
- Ensure that all necessary information that will make GIBS successful for the survey/inspection sub-team in particular and the CCG in general is provided as-at when due
- Compliance with stated operational terms in the SLA i.e. acknowledging of mails, reviewing and summarizing of Surveyor’s report, carrying out in-house adjustment, e.t.c.
- Ensure adequate reserve is created and maintained at all times based on available information
- Preparing daily, weekly, monthly reports and all required reports as at when due
- Ensure the necessary information required for ERM co-ordinator is supplied as at when due
- Ensure that all insertions to the software and ensure compliance with company’s policies and standard
- Attend to all functions that may be assigned by the Team Lead and/or CCG Head as the need arises.
- First Degree (i.e. HND/BSc/B.ED/B.A/e.t.c)
- Associate member, CIIN
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Insurance technical
Job Title: Head, SME
- The primary focus of this position is to plan, manage, lead and direct the business focus on the distribution of all insurance products across Retail and Micro insurance sectors to achieve business, revenue and profit targets.
- The role-holder is expected to drive the SME sales strategy by creatively looking at ways of selling affordable tailor-made products to various business clusters with a view to making Retail business a significant contributor to the company’s sales premiums & profitability over time.
- Drive sales by developing strategic relationships on MSME
- Develop sales strategies to acquire, retain and manage new and existing customers to boost direct retail businesses.
- Ensure delivery of effective and efficient service to customers, proper management of customer relationships for the growth of company’s clientele base and overall profitability of the business.
- Supervise sales associates and ensure that KPIs are met.
- Work with companies within the identified marketing space to embed insurance products to drive their sales.
- Act as the MSMEs champion for the company – collaborating with various teams to achieve the company’s MSME strategy.
- Generate sales through strategic partnerships with MSME in various sectors.
- Develop strategic business relationships with Government agencies.
- Create new channels to expand insurance penetration among SMEs & MSMEs.
- First Degree
- MBA would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in strategic sales planning and execution with at least 5 of those years in managerial capacity.
- Practical understanding of the relevant regulatory environment.
- Mandatory and excellent track record as a former or current Head of SME portfolio.
Job Title: Claims Officer
Reports to: Head, Central Claims
External Interface: Brokers, Customers, Organisations
- Undertake physical inspection of reported claims; analyze claims data and policy documents to determine the extent of the company’s liability.
- Register notification of claims into claims Register, open file and allocate claim number
- Extract relevant information on the risks covered from the underwriting file and document such in the claims file
- Write report on inspection and investigation containing findings and recommendation for minimizing effect of claims settlement on the company
- Interpret policy wording, analyse and adjust claims to determine the extent of company’s liability and make recommendations to the Team Leader
- Raise credit note on claimant where premium outstanding
- Follow-up and collect recoveries and salvage from negligent third party or insurer to reduce claims outlay before cheques for payment are released
- Prepare cheque requisition to pay claimants, co-insurers, solicitors and other professionals
- Verify correctness of values on claims cheque and dispatch to claimant/broker
- Register all approved claims cheques into Settled claims Register
- Acknowledge claim notification and request for claims substantiating document from claimant/broker to ensure accurate and complete information on claims.
- Book appointment with claimants/brokers to arrange for physical inspection of claims
- Undertake physical inspection and investigation to ascertain validity of report claims
- Send copies of loss adjusters reports to co-insurers and collate opinions on their recommendations.
- Any other duty as assigned by Unit Head.
- Processing of branch claims upon receipt of mails from branch offices to settlement.
- To follow up on the parties recoveries where necessary and ensure that all branch claims are on P10.
- Preparation of various claims and NAICOM reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the role applied for as the subject of the email.