Farm Supervisor for Saro Edo Agribusiness Limited Edo State
Saro Edo Agribusiness Limited (SEA Limited) is a joint venture company of Saro Agro-Allied Ltd a fully owned subsidiary of Saroafrica International Ltd that is set up to offer end-to-end Farm Management & Marketing Services to medium and large-sized arable crops, specialized greenhouse and livestock farms in Nigeria from the production stage right through to the market with the aim of ensuring optimum yields and returns to the farm owners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Supervisor
He or she will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that the out-growers and their farm-laborers follow the production protocols correctly and at the right times.
- Supervision and monitoring of every stage of the production, harvest and post-harvest processes to identify and report exceptions and thereby ensure that desired outcomes are achieved
- Ensuring that production inputs and services are made available to out-growers under him at the right time and in the right quantities.
- He or she will be accountable for how these inputs are utilized by his/her out-growers.
- Assisting the Farm Manager in extending knowledge of Good Agricultural Practices to the out-growers and farm laborers under his supervision from time to time as may be needed.
- HND or B.Sc in Agriculture preferably with bias in any of the following: Agronomy, Crop Production, and Rural Extension.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in crop production
- Good communications skills
- Must have proven passion for crop production and prepared to live and work in rural Nigeria.
- Not older than 30 at last birthday anniversary.
- Degree or diploma should not be lower than Second Class Lower /Lower Credit.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2017.
Note: Applicant should be working at a farm.