Job Vacancies at Save the Children Nigeria
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: M&E/Database Manager, STEER- ABUJA
- The Database Manager (DM) is responsible for the organization, maintenance and updating of existing STEER databases and management information systems (MIS) at National, PEPFAR and CSO levels; such as the National OVC Management Information System (NOMIS), District Health Information System (DHIS) USG Instance, PEPFAR’s Data for Accountability, Transparency & Impact (DATIM).
- As may be required from time to time, she/he will develop computer programs and troubleshoot databases to generate data, data tables and reports in order to respond to program and donor reporting requirements, on schedule and as the need arises.
- Serve as a liaison between STEER Project and USAID or her agent(s), on MIS related activities and in turn provide overall technical support on database organization, maintenance, development and update, to the STEER project M&E and CSOs teams in the delivery of STEER project mandates in line with all USG accepted policies and procedures
- Support the planning and delivery of trainings, workshops and other capacity development interventions for CSOs and STEER M&E team.
- Support the M&E Coordinators to ensure CSO understand the information needs of project stakeholders and donors and adhere to system requirements
- Work closely with the CSO M&E officers and the M&E technical specialist for TB to ensure they understand the data requirements and data-gathering and report formats.
- Provided onsite support for the implementation and updates of the existing MIS systems used by STEER and CSOs comprising NOMIS, DHIS and DATIM and this will include but not limited to onsite installation, setup, data entry procedures, and data transmission.
- Provide support for collation and processing of NOMIS data reports and other related reports from the CSOs.
- Provide couching and mentoring to CSO M&E staff on the application and use of the available MIS to ensure that high standards of program implementation are provided at all times.
- Support the development of the NOMIS working with any external consultant engaged for this process
- Manage the DHIS database, ensuring that the DHIS is routinely updated and liaise with NMEMS to ensure that quality data is reported to USG.
- Manage the STEER PMIS database ensuring that the PMIS is routinely updated by working with the organizational capacity development focal persons and/or the M&E officers of the various CSOs and STEER M&E team.
- Provide technical support to Government of Nigeria (at state and LGA levels on DHIS, NOMIS, SAVIX and PMIS)
- Support the collection of GIS coordinates of project site locations and the development of service maps
- Support the preparation of monthly, semi-annual and annual and ad-hoc reports from CSOs donors with strict adherence to standards and timelines.
- Maintain an inventory of data collection and monitoring visits to partners on a regular basis to monitor M&E systems
- Ensure that CSOs participate in the data quality assessment, understand the recommendations for remedial action, and comply with those recommendations
- Support the organizational capacity assessments of the CSOs and implementation of the capacity building plans.
- Support the development of electronic data entry questionnaires using the iform builder during periodic surveys and data analysis using appropriate statistical package.
- Develop new programs and adapt existing ones to new applications as the need arises, and in collaboration with SCI IT and Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning (MEAL) units carry out systems analysis related to the study of new applications, testing and revision of programs.
- Coordinate with M&E team and State Managers/Coordinators to ensure good communication between the civil society and government actors and that data and reports are shared as required by the M&E system
- Participate in the M&E technical working group meeting to help ensure that the MIS platforms are being implemented by all CSOs correctly.
- Attend relevant STEER management and technical meetings to ensure close coordination between program, management, and M&E staff
- Collaborate with STEER management and CSO in planning, designing and undertaking program evaluations and special studies
- Travel up to 30% of the time
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science with emphasis in rural development, public health, statistics or a development related fields.
- Demonstrated skills in M&E, data management and quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in implementing M&E for programs related to Health, HIV and OVC, agriculture or food and nutrition security programming, of which at least two year with an NGO.
- Experience in managing M&E databases including DHIS and NOMIS
- Demonstrable computer literacy in MS Office – Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Experience in data analysis in Access and at least one of the following: CSPro, SPSS, EpiInfo or STATA is an added advantage.
- Ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Ability to support partners working at a distance to achieve results against program objectives/targets.
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2017.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Head of Business Development
- The Business Development Manager will work as part of the business development team, within the Program Development and Quality unit to assist in proposal development, including coordinating proposal development processes and contributing to proposal writing and growth of the country office portfolio.
- This may include liaising closely with members of Save the Children International, with in-country donor representatives and other stakeholders (potential NGO partners) to identify donor opportunities, facilitating donor engagement, assisting in the development of fundraising strategies and coordinating proposal development for large and strategic funding opportunities.
- S/He will write sections of proposals that speak to the overall capabilities, while coordinating the input of technical advisors and inputs from other units into proposals and budgets.
- The BDM is expected to keep closely informed about donors’ interests and strategies as well as the progress of all major awards.
Scope of Role
- Staff directly reporting to this post: None
- Technical responsibility: Proposal writing, broad knowledge of Save the Children’s thematic areas (health, nutrition, education and livelihoods) and knowledge of cross cutting issues such as gender equality, advocacy and child protection.
- Budget responsibility: None
Key Areas of Accountability
- Demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with Save the Children’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Contribute to a conducive and productive work environment in a way that promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation.
- Internal: the BDM will work with the BD team and staff across different departments and offices within Save the Children Nigeria country office, including Technical Advisors, monitoring and evaluation, operations, humanitarian team, staff from other departments, field offices and member offices.
- External: This role will liaise with donors, partners and other ONGOs working in the same thematic areas as Save the Children or with whom we may work in a consortium.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field required.
- Minimum 5 years overall experience, with 2 years in writing and/or developing proposals in response to solicitations from donors
- Exceptional conceptual, analytical, writing, and editing skills, including knack for synthesizing large amounts of information into persuasive, clear language and graphics.
- Ability to consistently meet multiple deadlines.
- Good familiarity, networking and working relationships with relevant organizations.
- Strong organizational skills to work effectively and to multi-task.
- Ability to work as part of a team, both following and supporting others.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and inspire others.
- Adaptability and flexibility to adjust to changing schedules and priorities.
- Effective critical information gathering to create accurate reports.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, in English.
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2017.