Abuja job Opening at AIDS Healthcare Foundation
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation For AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria.
AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings. AHF-Nigeria currently operates in states including; Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra and supports 62 clinic sites country wide.
The organization now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced person to fill the positions of:
Job Title: Prevention Program Manager
- This is a full-time position and the holder is expected to oversee and guide implementation of
- AHF prevention program in line with AHF’s global strategic direction.
- The core components will include HIV Testing Services (HTS), Condom education and distribution, Linkage of HIV positive clients into HIV treatment, strengthening primary prevention initiatives among People Living with HIV/AIDS with special emphasis on Young Women and Adolescent Girl.
- Provide programmatic leadership to the HIV prevention program and supervision of staff
- Program planning and development of country strategy aimed at delivering HIV prevention services to high risk and underserved populations guided by AHF global strategy
- Demand creation and marketing geared at improving uptake of HIV prevention services
- Management of partnerships with CEO partners and other implementing partners/stakeholders
- Strengthen primary prevention efforts for PLWHA especially Young Women and Adolescent Girls
- Support supervision and quality management of HIV Testing and other prevention services
- Ensure linkage of clients diagnosed HIV positives into treatment
- Ensure appropriate mechanisms for condom education and distribution are in place
- Training and capacity building for HIV prevention staff and CEO partners
- Mobilization and management of HIV prevention logistics as per AHF procedures.
- Performance monitoring and reporting to the Federal Government of Nigeria and AHF
- Ensure funds disbursed to staff and partners are accounted for in accordance with AHF policy
- Liaison with Federal Ministry of Health on technical aspects relating to HIV prevention
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine, Public Health, Social Sciences and any other relevant qualification from a reputable institution.
- Post graduate qualification in Public Health.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position preferably with an international NGO managing HIV Testing Services, PMTCT, working with Key populations/vulnerable groups. Demonstrable experience in project/program management is an asset.
- Leadership, program management, written/oral communication, ability to read and interpret scientific journals, computer literacy, sensitivity and confidentiality to issues around HIV/AIDS, data analysis, team player, working under minimum supervision and a willingness to travel.
Application Closing Date
6th October, 2017.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications (Cover Letter and CV only) to: email@example.com mentioning the position applied for in the subject line. Note: The e-mail should not be larger than 2MB, thus any larger e-mail will not be considered.