Market Research Analyst at Ernst & Young (EY)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Research Analyst
Ref No: NIG0002N
- The successful candidate will deliver high quality, impactful research and analysis to assigned projects that enable internal customers build client relationships, win pursuits, deliver on engagements, and strengthen the brand and reputation of EY in the industry.
The candidates will:
- Produce a range of analysis work to support the firm’s strategic decisions on industries, companies and emerging business topics. Must demonstrate and apply strong subject knowledge to deliverables
- Support engagement with stakeholders and internal customers to provide them with a clear perspective on the issues, challenges and opportunities in the market, through impactful research and analysis on the implications of those trends for EY and its clients.
- Proactively alert stakeholders and internal customers regarding changes amongst key clients and competitors, and assess the implications of those changes for key stakeholders and their teams.
- Develop relationships with manager / senior manager-level stakeholders in account / service line / solution teams and collaborates with these colleagues to deliver research, analysis and insights that support business development activities and service delivery to clients (including for relationship building initiatives and specific engagements).
- Provide research and analysis support to major pursuits, including working with other EY Knowledge and Global Markets teams to deliver relevant analysis on market sizing, market share and market performance.
- Continuously develop and hone his / her knowledge on the assigned industry and generate original ideas for research and analysis
- Identify cross-sector point of view (POV) sharing opportunities and seeks opportunities to collaborate with other teams on issues that cut across EY’s business activities.
- Support the collection of benchmarking data from pursuits, engagements and proprietary research to enhance the depth of data available on the EY Benchmarking database and to the broader firm, and use data from EY Benchmarking to support domain priorities.
- Strong focus on research competency with active participation in R&D competency development offerings related to research leading practices
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Able to synthesize and analyze information coherently and succinctly. Able to bring together a variety of perspectives and sources across the business to deliver impactful analysis that supports business priorities.
- Demonstrates ability to use both qualitative and quantitative research and analysis methodologies, including financial analysis skills, to synthesize information, review data inputs and provide meaningful analysis on the subject.
- Adept at using strategically sound analytical methodologies and capable of coaching less-experienced team members to improve their skills in research, analysis, data analytics and visualization.
- Able to grasp the firm’s go-to-market strategy and service delivery models, how core business services support the business, and how analytics and measurement enables exceptional client service and high performing teams.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including financial analysis skills
- Good project and time management skills with the ability to complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience of working in a fast-moving, client-driven environment
- Collaborative and able to work well both as part of a team and independently
- Able to explain difficult concepts in a clear, concise and graphic-rich style, using appropriate analytics and visualization tools.
- Understanding of internal stakeholders and external clients’ needs and concerns; responds with a sense of urgency
- Ability to take ownership for delivering customised projects with a degree of autonomy; adept at working on a number of projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge and experience within a professional services environment an advantage
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Possess a 1st degree in a numerate field and 4-8 years’ experience in business analysis, industry research, management consulting and/or business performance
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online