Program Associate – Database at AiDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria (APIN)
APIN Public Health Initiatives is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others.
APIN Public Health Initiatives has been awarded a 5 year Grant by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to implement “Improving Comprehensive AIDS Response Enhanced for Sustainability” (iCARES) project, – a hybrid of facility and community based interventions, that will expand access to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services in 8 states of Benue, Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo and Plateau in Nigeria. The program, funded by US PEPFAR through CDC, aims to contribute to the UNAIDS 90-90-90 goal of HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the position below:
Job Title: Program Associate – Database
Directorate: Strategic Information
- To provide hands-on support to the management of the program’s database at both the office and sites level.
- Carry out routine data cleaning activities
- Analyze and summarize sites’ error logs on a monthly basis, highlighting emergent technical assistance needs as well as track sites’ usage and response to database error logs
- Provide online and onsite technical assistance to data management teams at the program sites
- Work closely with the Database team lead to ensure data are of acceptable quality and standard and carry out data quality assessments
- Contribute to the regular review of data management standard operating procedures (SOP) and the sites assessment tools
- Provide technical support to sites on data management issues, including data cleaning, analysis and reporting
- Collaborate with the Database lead to extract data for periodic program reporting
- Perform any other official task as may be assigned by supervisor or Management
Qualification and Experience
- A B.Sc or HND in Computer Science or Information Technology and minimum of 2 years cognate experience in database management.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and addressing the person specifications highlighted above.
- The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as applicant’s full name.
- The subject of the mail should be the job position and location being applied for, e.g. Job Title – Location.
- Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.