Business Development Analyst at Babban Gona
Babban Gona is a high-impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable agricultural social enterprise that is part-owned by the farmers we serve. In recognition of the impact it has achieved thus far, it is the first for-profit social enterprise in history and the first Nigerian organisation to receive the prestigious Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship. The Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship is considered the equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize in the Social Entrepreneurship industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Analyst
Department: Business Development/Investor Relations
Report to: Business Development Associate
Start Date: Immediately
About the Position
- The Business Development Analyst position is an entry level position for an intellectually curious and hardworking individual seeking an opportunity in a fast paced internationally recognized social enterprise.
- The selected individual will be exposed to the entire business, ranging from operations to fundraising, with the opportunity to work directly with recognized leaders in the agricultural industry.
- Searching for relevant grant funding opportunities
- Writing concept notes and proposals for grant funding
- Writing relevant reports and updates for new and existing grants
- Performing analyses on excel
- Monitoring and coordinating grant activities
- Liaising with operations team to produce quarterly grant reports
- Coordinating meetings, conference calls and visits
- Providing regular updates to supervisor
- Participating in meetings and contribute to strategic decisions
- Participating in conferences and workshops
- Travelling across Nigeria to observe field operations
- Supporting Business Development, Investor Relation teams, and other teams as required
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- 2-3 years’ work experience (including internships)
- Curiousness and a positive attitude towards work
- Ability to relate with people from different backgrounds
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Strong communicator
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Proven interest and passion for in Agriculture and Social Development
- Willingness to travel in Nigeria and across Africa if required
Compensation & Benefits
Salary and benefits are competitive, commensurate with experience.
Application Closing Date
1st December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and Subject line as “Business Development Analyst”
Click here to apply online