Unit Head, Local Corporates Job at Citibank Nigeria Limited
Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Unit Head, Local Corporates
Job ID: 18010898
Employee Status: Regular
- To manage a team of Analysts and Associates covering Citi’s client relationships across Top Tier Local Corporates in Nigeria.
- To build a proprietary understanding of clients’ financial needs/issue agenda; originating and assisting in the execution of innovative deal solutions with and through Citi team partners.
- To build client loyalty by establishing a trusted advisor relationship, as the “first banker to call” who delivers high quality service, and consistently exceeds clients’ expectations.
- To identify new opportunities to up-tier the client relationships in breadth and depth through clients’ changing needs; and where applicable, to introduce and deliver Citi’s strategic product capabilities.
- Manage the Local Corporates Banking team to deliver the revenue and expense plans
- Act as Citi’s and the client’s “value-added gateway” by originating and delivering Citi’s products and services to the owner, CFO and Treasury levels of the client.
- Fully dimension the client’s wallet and identify/create opportunities for Citi to deliver, and understand clients’ business and manage the portfolio from end-to-end.
- Partner with Risk Management team to understand, lead and manage the risk inherent in the client portfolio and in any deal solutions.
- Ensure adherence to the credit and compliance process standards of the Bank.
- Coach and train unit members (Analysts and Associates) to foster teamwork across team.
- Guide bankers in building and executing a relationship plan — including a deal solutions pipeline for each client that will secure optimum Return on Risk Capital and Basel Capital performance across business and credit cycles, while setting and meeting Citi’s revenue, cross-sell and capital management objectives.
- Liaise with relevant parts of the Citi network (locally and internationally), playing the team co-ordination role in developing and serving relationships, including the implementation of specialist and Citi Senior calling plans.
- Stay informed on product knowledge/developments and deal replication ideas, introduce new opportunities to internal business partners so as to maximize Citi’s opportunity to deliver the best to our clients.
- Maintain asset quality to avoid delinquent or impaired asset portfolio.
- Frequently interact with Fixed Income, EAF and Corporate Finance units to generate structured customer solutions and incremental risk assets.
- Frequently interact with TTS to achieve high credit cross sell ratio by actively selling cash management, trade and EB products.
- Frequently interact with Risk and CRMS to maintain acceptable credit quality of relationships in the portfolio
- Frequently interact with Citi-service and OandT in general to deliver proactive customer service to Top Tier Local Corporates
- Frequently interact with all Top Tier Local Corporates Target Market prospects to generate incremental business for the bank
- University Degree
- A Post-graduate Degree and relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
Skills & Experience:
- 15 years Post-graduation experience out of which 10 years must have been in the banking industry and at least 3 years must have been on a senior manager or equivalent position.
- Mandatory working experience in at least 3 major areas of banking operations.
- Analytics – Assimilating new information quickly and relating it to the needs of the client base
- Organized and Proactive – Identifying new business opportunities and making it happen
- Verbal and Written Communication and Presentation skills – compelling client presentations, as well as communicating the detail of client relationship situations to internal contacts simply and succinctly
- Credit skills
- Solid understanding of Corporate and Investment Banking products/solutions
- Prior client relationship management experience and/or relevant product experience
- Leadership and management strategies
- Responsible for meeting a budget on a portfolio of clients
- Fully conversant with Citi credit and compliance policies and practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including listening skills/temperament and cultural sensitivity. Ability to lead persuasively and foster teamwork.
- Able to build and sustain good personal contacts with client executives at varying levels of seniority, balancing client needs and Citi objectives/priorities.
- Innovative – willing to develop a detailed understanding of client issues/needs and develop ideas/solutions in response.
- Strong work ethic; high energy levels; results oriented – a self-starter prepared to take the initiative to start topics and/or follow issues through, whilst exercising judgment as to when to seek assistance.
- Networking – Maintaining close contact with coverage, product and risk specialists within Citi locally and internationally.
- Natural Team Player – Having an adaptable/flexible approach; willing to work in a co-operative manner to fulfil client and internal requirements.
- Understanding the impact of constant regulatory changes on customers businesses and in converting them to business opportunities
- Ability to optimally coordinate the activities of the different units within the bank in order to deliver quality service to the customer.
- Designing strategies and products to enable Citibank stay ahead of competition
- Ability to convince customers to adhere to high compliance/ethical standards of Citibank for transaction processing in a non-compliant environment.
- Problem loan recognition capability
- Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.