Driving Instructors Role at Jacob Ayoki Driving School Limited
Jacob Ayoki Driving School Limited is a duly registered company in Nigeria with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and is a member of Association of Driving Instructors of Nigeria (ADIN) to offers Basic Leaner Drivers Course, Proficiency Drivers Course, Executive Drivers Course and Specialised Driver Course. Jacob Ayoki Driving School Limited is committed to providing professional and quality driver training to drivers of all ages and experience levels.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driving Instructor
- The obvious goal of the driving instructor is to develop the driving ability of their student in order to make them more confident on the road, or to gain their licence
- Preparing students for emergency situations.
- Informing them about the maintenance of the vehicle.
- Being a guide to the student, answering questions and reacting to situations that will arise on the road.
- Increasing the student’s Highway Code awareness.
- Ensuring that the student is gaining an increased awareness of using the road and the responsibilities that that entails.
- SSCE or ND/NCE
- Applicant must have at least 5 years driving experience
- And must have valid driver licence for at least 3 years
- Experience in teaching, training or working with people.
- A driving instructor will need to combine teaching skills with those of driving a car to perfection
The most important skills will include:
- An excellent driving ability.
- The ability to give clear instructions
- The ability to adapt your teaching style to suit each learner
- Excellent driving skills and road safety knowledge
- The ability to react quickly and safely to any problems
- A calm and level head.
- Being able to inspire and create enthusiasm, and to give instructions clearly.
- The ability to react to potentially dangerous situations.
- A high degree of patience for dealing with difficult students and other road users.
- Enthusiasm for the job.
- Must be computer literate
- In most cases, the hours will be long and demanding. Early starts and late finishes are common, as the instructor has to accommodate the needs of the student.
- Driving instructors are subject to all of the hazards that driving on the road presents, with the added pressure of being responsible for a novice driver.
Application Closing Date
22nd April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, other relevant documents and contact details of three referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org Clearly indicate the job position and location as the subject of your application
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format below:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, JADSL will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.