Information and Technology Officer Job at the International Medical Corps
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information and Technology Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Information and Technology (IT) officer is responsible to see that IMC Nigeria mission has sound working IT networks throughout its entire program
- He/she is well familiar with IMC computers system deployed and are capable of maintaining the systems as we as improving it proactively both hard and software.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Management of the LAN/computer network in IMC Nigeria mission
- Provide technical advice to procurement team for IT related purchase.
- Conduct maintenance on IMC equipment, do repairs and maintain a tracking sheet of IT works scheduled/active/completed.
- Visit filed sites regularly conduct comprehensive maintenance, do IT training for each site’s Logistic Officer on routine IT maintenance, and report abuse of equipment.
- S/he will assist with computer maintenance, install equipment, and perform preventive maintenance and the troubleshooting of variety of hardware and software installations.
- Implement, configure and maintain systems to meet program service and operational excellence requirements.
- Maintain quality system configuration, administrative, security, and maintenance for program ICT systems, including networks, servers, and telecommunications.
- Ensure that system and data availability meets business recovery requirements.
- Support staff in executing good stewardship and efficient use of agency ICT resources.
- Collaborate with relevant staff to maintain staff work tools inventory (laptops or desktop, mobile phone, internal dongle – where applicable, provision of approved communication allowance in accordance to staff function and email address) and ensure adequate supply and functionality in a proactive manner and in accordance to staffing plans.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Degree from College or University in Computer Science
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience
- Information technology certification
- In-depth knowledge of hardware and software
- Up – to – date knowledge of the latest IT software trends.
- Experience in database development.
- On hand experience in software maintenance
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver within tight timelines while being flexible in adapting to new roles.
Application Closing Date
13th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, addressed to the “Human Resource Manager, International Medical Corps” via the email: email@example.com
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered
- This position is for Nigerian nationals only.