Lead Piping Engineer Vacancy at Hedgestone Consortium
Hedgestone Consortium is an EPCM Division of BET Limited, an indigenous firm with a vast track record gathered from projects executed Oil & Gas and Construction sectors of the economy.
Hedgestone Consortium provides a complete service from design engineering through procurement, to manufacture & fabrication, installation & construction, amongst other clientele services.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Piping Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt
- Reporting to the Project Team Lead, the Piping Engineer will be responsible for piping/pipeline & pressure equipment design according to established company standards and international codes requirement and generating the corresponding piping/pipeline deliverables in the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out site assessments/ evaluations to obtain/modify the required piping/pipeline deliverables from regular site visits
- Develop piping/pipeline specifications and Site Visit Reports
- Provide piping technical input to P&IDs including piping classes, valve types and special items.
- Develop Piping & Pipeline Specifications for the project work package
- Perform detailed engineering calculations and generate corresponding data
- Generate and review all piping/pipeline plant drawings & 3d models with Project Team
- Carry out site support services for Asbuilt Engineering
- Review all piping /pipeline documentations with the Project Team Lead
- Develop piping & pipeline MTO for the Work Package
- Generate daily progress reports to Project Team Lead
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10 years of cognate work experience in Detailed Engineering projects in the Oil and Gas/Energy industry.
- Proven history of generating accurate technical deliverables like P&IDs, Key Plans, Piping Plot Plans, ISOs, Datasheets, Calculations Reports, for Gas plant and Utilities facilities
- Expert use of modelling and drafting softwares (PIPE MECH, PDMS, CAD, NAVISWORKS & SPREADSHEET) is compulsory
- Conversant with Engineering design Codes and standard in the industry i.e API, ASTM, ANSI and ASME
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to relate technical issues in an easily
- digestible manner
- Willingness to work interdependently as a team member
- Must be resident in Port Harcourt
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.