Account Assistant Position at Imisi Partners
We make investments in private, or in some cases public companies, typically with lower trading volumes, with an investment objective of providing for the possibility of capital appreciation and current income. We hope our stakes in the businesses will increase in value as the business grows. We also loan money to small enterprises and offer consulting for a fee. Our firm is essentially a hybrid between a traditional investment company and an operating company. We represent a transparent portfolio of loans, similar in some sense to private equity or venture capital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Assistant
- As an Account Assistant you will work within an organisation’s Accounting department. The role involves assisting accounting officials/senior management in the maintenance, reporting and management of the company’s finances.
- You will provide administrative support and may also advise senior Accountants in relation to the company’s overall accounting process.
- In all probability, you will be working under a senior Accountant or someone in a similar position of authority within the firm.
- Management of petty cash transactions.
- Controlling credit and ensuring debtors pay on time.
- Reconciliation of direct debits and finance accounts.
- Ensuring all payments amounts & records are accurate.
- Preparation of statutory accounts.
- Working with journals, sales & purchase ledgers and spreadsheets.
- Enter and code financial transactions appropriately
- Process payments as well as documents like invoices
- Reconcile invoices received with departmental billings
- Issue invoices to customers based on services rendered
- Make and track payments
- Review employee expenses and make reimbursements
- Make bank deposits and keep up records
- Track expenses as they relate to specific projects and jobs
- Validate invoices against items or services received
- Check all financial transactions for accuracy
- Once you gain some experience, you may be given more complex tasks such as:
- Planning and budget control.
- Assisting qualified Accountants with audits.
- Preparation of financial reports.
- Key data into company accounting system
Accounting Assistant Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with bookkeeping practices, Knowledge of accounting terminology, Experience with accounting systems, Understanding of filing systems, Mathematical skills, Administrative skills, Organisational skills, Attention to detail, Analytical skills, Knowledge of accountant rules and legislation, Ability to detect inconsistencies, Prioritisation skills, Communication skills, Typing skills, Data entry, Training in accounting software, 2-3 years’ experience in accounting or related field preferred.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org