Graduate Telephone Wellness Counsellor Job at Synapse Services
Synapse Services – We are a privately owned Centre for Psychological Medicine located in the heart of Nigeria – Abuja. We provide first class psychological and psychiatric care as well as treatment of addictions, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Telephone Wellness Counsellor
- We are looking for experienced energetic and reliable Telephone wellness counsellors to help our clients build coping mechanisms for stressful situations they encounter on-the-job and off-the-job.
- You’ll work as part of an in-house team that offers our employees guidance and resources for avoiding burnout and other risks.
- The ideal candidate will provide personalized plans designed to help our clients meet their short and long-term personal goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must, along with a willingness to coordinate with internal teams and external agencies that are also working with your clients.
- The successful candidates will be responsible for answering incoming customer calls, utilizing company policies to solve client issues and directing calls to the managerial and clinical team when necessary.
- Our Telephone wellness counsellors are often the first point of contact for clients, so we are interested in hiring individuals with a commitment to client satisfaction and well-being and an ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Counselling
- At least one year post qualification experience in counselling and client management
- Knowledge in Employee Wellness Initiative, stress management etc
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to empathize with clients
- Ability to leverage internal and external resources as part of a client treatment plan
- Willingness to work on-call
- Experience writing assessments and reports to monitor client progress
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- High level of professionalism
- Must be available to work some holidays and weekends
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Ability to react immediately, yet calmly, to crisis situations and quickly build rapport with your callers
- Must demonstrate compassion and understanding for people dealing with potentially life-threatening situations and be able to assess serious issues, such as the potential for suicide.
- Should also be able to maintain professional boundaries and be able to effectively manage high levels of stress.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com Using the “Job Title” as the Subject of the mail.