Opportunity for a Pharmacist at eHealth Africa
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Pharmacist
Purpose of the position
- The Pharmacist will assist with the dispensing of medications, check prescriptions, and provide advice to patients on the medicines that have been prescribed for the patients.
- S/he will ensure adequate supply of pharmacies through smart inventory management, review of actual usage, and review of re-order levels.
- The Pharmacist will develop and implement strategic initiatives and services in the pharmacy sector.
What you’ll do
The Pharmacist will support eHA’s clinic predominantly by:
- As a pharmacist you will be responsible for preparing and dispensing medications to patients. You will achieve this either by executing a physician’s order or by addressing the patient’s problems and needs.
- The job entails a high level of responsibility and knowledge. A pharmacist does not merely hand out prescribed medicine; he/she has the expertise and willingness to assist people and provide them with information and solutions.
- The pharmacist must be fully qualified to interpret symptoms so that the patient can either be given immediate treatment for a trifling condition or to be referred to the suitable doctor. Pharmacists must also be able to provide professional advice on cosmetics or parapharmaceuticals.
- The goal is to ensure effective medication use and become the people’s trusted ally against health issues. That way you can deliver maximum value to both the pharmacy and society.
- Reviewing and executing physician’s prescriptions checking their appropriateness and legality
- Organizing the pharmacy in an efficient manner to make the identification of products easier and faster
- Maintaining full control over delivering, stocking and labeling medicine and other products
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Be caring, compassionate and professional at all times;
- Manage clinical risk.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
Who you are
- A minimum of three years progressive experience in Pharmacy within the private and public sector. Experience working with public health and health systems is an advantage.
- Candidates should have B.Sc Pharm and must be a registered member of Pharmacists council of Nigeria (PCN) with at least 3 years post NYSC experience.
- Candidates should have experience in managing hospital pharmacy.
- Encouraging to medical team and patients; able to mentor and lead.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with a wide variety of patients, medical staff, and caregivers
- Strong computer skills, including Google Office Suite and other medical softwares.
- Compassionate and sensitive to patients’ needs and concerns
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
We believe strongly in our mission and our core values, and our teams are most successful when they do also:
- Impact & Quality: We work on solving big problems. We believe in the power of technology to make a transformational difference in health systems, and we know that when we do high-quality work, we have the opportunity to change lives in the communities we impact.
- Innovative Problem-Solving: We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We build smart systems that will sustain beyond our tenures. We challenge prevailing assumptions, respect the urgency of the environments we operate in, and take smart risks to search for the best solution.
- Passion: We care intensely about what we do, and about whom we do it with. We inspire others with our tenacity and commitment to our communities and each other.
- Honesty: We are honest with our communities, our partners, our donors, and ourselves. We communicate with candor, respect, and humility. We are quick to admit our own mistakes, and work to correct them with openness & expediency.
- Growth & Learning: We embrace curiosity. We pursue and promote continuous learning, share our skills and knowledge, and actively work to make ourselves and those around us better.
- Ownership: We work to become part of the fabric of the communities in which we work. We value our seat at the table, and invest in the places we call home.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online