Graduate Trainee Accounting Assistant Job at Platlex Packaging Limited
Platlex Packaging Limited is a leading manufacturer of highest quality polythene and polypropylene packaging which includes Blockheaded, Bottom Weld, Side Weld, Wicketted Bags and other packaging solutions in Nigeria, With RC: 327060 Platlex Packaging LTD was founded in 2006 on the principle of putting the environment first with no concessions on quality or customer service ;manufacturing the highest quality flexible packaging from a sustainable, environmentally friendly and personable company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Assistant (Graduate Trainee)
- We are looking for a skilled Accounting Assistant to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
- This include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements.
- You will also run accounting software programs (e.g. SAP) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts.
- A successful accounting assistant should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
- Ultimately, a successful Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department.
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records.
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements.
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner.
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database.
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel.
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas.
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws.
- Constantly update job knowledge.
Requirements and Skills
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts receivable clerk or Accounts payable clerk
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks.
- Data entry and word processing skills.
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2018.
Methods of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their detailed CV’s accordingly to: email@example.com