Recent Job Openings at An international Non Governmental Organization
An international Non Governmental Organization (NGO), invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: State Coordinator
Locations: Adamawa, Bauchi, Ebonyi, Sokoto
Reports Directly To: The Resident Program Officer (RPO)
- We are in need of a State Coordinator to serve as our State Representative and Coordinator for a U.S. Agency for International Development-funded responsive political party and citizen engagement program.
- The State Coordinator will work with the organization’s program teams based in Abuja to ensure that all program activities in the state are implemented efficiently, timely and in line with the values of the organization
- S/he will work as part of the organization’s program team and assist in developing program strategy, drafting program activity proposals and reports, working with the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) Officer, and overseeing activity budgets
- The State Program Coordinator performs these functions according to direction provided by the Resident Program Director (RPD) and the Resident Program Officer (RPO)
- This position reports directly to the RPO with personnel development from both the RPD and RPO
- The organization is hiring the individual to work in Adamawa State, and will include periodic travel to Abuja and other local government areas in the state.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination and implementation of responsive political party and citizen engagement Program activities in the state;
- Conceptualize, research, and design program interventions consistent with the organization’s program objectives in coordination with the Abuja based program team;
- Develop and implement an effective coordination strategy for the state;
- Research and develop time-sensitive program documents and activity budgets, activity reports, and training materials;
- Research and write reports that include but not limited to political updates, activity reports, success stories, and case studies;
- Maintain relationships will political parties, elected officials, civil society organizations (CSOs) and sub-grantees in the state;
- Stakeholder mapping in the state;
- Mobilize program participants, the media and stakeholders for events and program activities;
- Update and maintain program files and program participants’ contacts for monitoring and evaluation and internal reporting;
- Ensure efficiency and transparency in the use of program resources in the state;
- Supervise other program staff in the state, which may include program and/or office assistants;
- Advise the Resident Program Officer and senior management team on needs for program implementation strategy in line with evolving context; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Resident Program Officer and/or on behalf of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, or related field;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in project cycle management, coordinating project activities, outreach, and/or advocacy;
- Substantial experience working with government officials and NGOs;
- Experience writing reports and project proposals;
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight time frames, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Experience working on international donor-funded democracy, political party strengthening and good governance programs;
- Experience with project design, planning and management tools that include but not limited to log frames, Gantt charts, monitoring and evaluation plans, stakeholder’s analysis matrices, and budgets;
- At least 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- Strong command of English Language, with excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal communication skills;
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace; and
- Understanding of the social, political and economic context of the state;
- Basics financial management skills;
- Local language skills a must.
Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- An organized approached and ability to plan workload;
- Excellent writing skills, including an ability to communicate complex ideas and policies;
- Experience of event organization;
- Detailed oriented and organized;
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Strong communicator, both verbally and in writing; and
- Collaborative, team-oriented individual
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover Letters and current Resumes/CV’s to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 15th April, 2018.
Please include the following in your Cover Letter:
- Minimum salary requirements (or current salary),
- The State Coordinator position you are applying for (i.e position and location)
- How your experience and qualifications fit the requirements,
- Projected start date,
- Where you found this posting.